unable to create a pdf

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

alliance francaise de londres tld
User

unable to create a pdf

Post by alliance francaise de londres tld » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Purchased PDF Tools last week (so latest version). Installed then upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When printing from, say, Word, XChange Internal Driver shows as ready in the drop down list of printers (and Device manager says working OK) but when I choose it as the printer it says "unable to connect". Moved it to my laptop - same problem. A Windows 10 issue?

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: unable to create a pdf

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi alliance francaise de londres tld,

Thanks for the post - are you able to print from any other application (i.e. MS Notepad)?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

catheriner
User

Post by catheriner » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:30 am

Do you have install a software which is developed with OCR technology in your PC? It can help you easily convert the documents you want to PDF files.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 am

Please explain in a little more detail what you are hoping to do ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

alliance francaise de londres tld
User

Post by alliance francaise de londres tld » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello,

Yes, I can print (to "Microsoft Print to pdf", external inkjet printer) to any device except XChange Internal Driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled PDF-Tools but the problem persists. XChange is shown as ready in the printer list but "Unable to Connect" when selecting it.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

Please email support@tracker-software.com with your purchase info (please don't publish here) as PDF-Tools does not include PDF-XChange (the printer) so if you indeed purchased PDF-XChange we can provide more specific info about your license and installation ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support