Transform file with XChange editor as default for PDFs

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tuckerv77
User

Transform file with XChange editor as default for PDFs

Post by tuckerv77 »

Hello All,

I am looking for for the edit needed in a transform file to make XChange Editor the default program for PDF files. I am creating the transform with Orca. Can this be done through there or is it recommended to edit this setting through GPO?

Thanks in advance,

Tucker
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Transform file with XChange editor as default for PDFs

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Tucker,

Thank you for the post. Please use the following msi installer switch:

Code: Select all

SET_AS_DEFAULT
If not specified or specified and has value of "1", PDF-XChange Editor will be set as default application for PDF files.

You can find more information here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/EUM/de ... &skin=5PRO

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
tuckerv77
User

Post by tuckerv77 »

Thanks for the reply Patrick. But I am using Orca to create a transform as I am also incorporating a couple other things such as the license key. I am deploying this through Microsoft Intune which does not like any MSI switches hence the reason I am using a transform. So I am still looking for the Table and item to edit for it.

Also looking how to disable the desktop icons in the same transform if you have any information on that as well or I can post separately for that.

Thanks again,

Tucker
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tucker,

Thanks for the post - it is possible to create a transform through Orca, with these options. You'll find these under the properties section, when opening the MSI in Orca:
Orca.zip
(242.23 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com