"File created / File modified": 2 hours difference

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

"File created / File modified": 2 hours difference

Post by Peter2 »

I have a PDF, created with PDF-XChange Printer 5.0 / 271, on a Windows server 2008 R2 x64. It was created at "11:20:20" Central Europe Summertime, but the entry for modified shows "09:20:20", which is Greenwich Time (without Summer ;-) - see attachment.

Bug or feature?
PDF_Xchange_Created_modified.zip
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: "File created / File modified": 2 hours difference

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the post - the top date/time is the date & time of creation, while the other is the date & time of the last modification made to the document.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

I know what the dates should be, but I know that the file was only "created at 11:20", and there was no modification. So both dates should show the same value - right?

What I want to say - maybe the printer-device takes different values during creation of the file? The current PC-time (here: 11:20) for creation, the World-time (here: 09:20) for modification?

EDIT:
I know that on servers there are some special "features" with the "time" which I don't know on detail. But ZIP file have a similar problem packing/unpacking at summertime / normal time.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

Which build of the Viewer are you using (the shot in your first post is from the Viewer and not Editor)? Can you try opening the same file in the Editor and check if the creation and modification dates are shown correctly there? Also can you please add a sample PDF file to the topic - as it seems the one in question is also created with an older build.

Regards,
Stefan