Tracker Updater - some remarks

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Tracker Updater - some remarks

Post by Peter2 »

There is no forum for the "Updater", so I post it here.

I made a screencast with some questions to Updater (usability) - please take a look here:
http://autode.sk/1LNfeyq

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Peter2
User

Re: Tracker Updater - some remarks / 2

Post by Peter2 »

Updating from 312 to 313 - some problems and suggestion for improvements. Please take a look at the screenshots attached.

Peter
Attachments
updater_screenshots.zip
(267.14 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Tracker Updater - some remarks

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Peter,

Passed your remarks to the people working on the updater tool, and they will be taken into consideration!

Regards,
Stefan
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the screen-shots - the issue with the untranslated dialogues was because we hadn't had any of our volunteers translate the dialogue. BigMike has been kind enough to provide us with a translation, so this should be included in the next build.

Regarding the issue with the updater, this has been reproduced here and the Dev. Team are pursuing a fix.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Fine.

Best wishes and thanks to Big Mike.

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Just to point this out - I translated the missing strings in the setup language resource file you provided, so the setup routine should be completely localized in German. The updater's language resources are still not translated to German as I don't know how. So the updater itself will remain in English for now.
I posted about this in the localization tool thread
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

BTW, Mike:
In one of the tools (see screenshots above) you translated "Schliessen Sie die Anwendungen .." (= the user). But the question is "Should the setup try to close the running applications".

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

I don't know who created these translations. Actually, I think, these translation came with the product, which Tracker Software uses to create their installers, since the untranslated "Tracker specific" strings are separated in a custom section.

But I changed also some strings, which were not in the custom section. This was one of them :) It will be "Versuchen die Programme zu schließen und erneut zu starten." in future. At least until they get overwritten with the default ones.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the updates!
For the last few years you've been the only one translating our products in German, so indeed this is either some very old string from a different translator, or part of the tool used for the creation of the installer packages.

Regards,
Stefan