Bookmarks.DisplayMode doc typo?

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

musabio
User

Bookmarks.DisplayMode doc typo?

Post by musabio »

It appears to me (from trial and error testing) that the "AllOpened" value of the Bookmarks.DisplayMode property is not recognized, and acts the same as "AllClosed". However, using "0" works as expected. And the other values (e.g. "ByItem" and "OpenToLevel") also seem to work in either numeric or alphabetic form.

Is this a case of a typo or mismatch between the online doc and the actual driver API?

Thanks,
Jack
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks.DisplayMode doc typo?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jack,

Seems like you need the numeric value and the texts in brackets are just explanations of the numbers. I will ask the person responsible for the help system to clarify that.

Regards,
Stefan
musabio
User

Post by musabio »

Just to clarify, in general the descriptive text values (e.g. "True", "False", "ByItem", "256AES", "FitHeight", etc.) normally work as self-documenting versions of the numeric equivalents. This is the only case I've come across where the text didn't work, which makes me suspect there is a typo somewhere.
Thanks again,
Jack
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

HI Jack,

Yes - we've updated the manual to clarify that it needs an integer value for now, and will check with the devs if the "descriptive" values are not working is a bug.

Regards,
Stefan