PDF-XChange Viewer 2012 - text size of the measuring tools

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Miho Mihov
User

PDF-XChange Viewer 2012 - text size of the measuring tools

Post by Miho Mihov »

Hi,

I am a regular user of PDF-XChange Viewer 2012. I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot change the text size/format of the measuring tools - distance, perimeter and area. When I print the page the dimension text cannot be read. It is easy for Typewriter, Text Box and Callout tools.

Is there a way around it - hopefully to preset the text size for all comment tools in advance, without having to change it every time?

We use Viewer at work, not Editor.

Any help/tip will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Miho Mihov
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange Viewer 2012 - text size of the measuring too

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Miho,

Welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately, there is no way to change the text size of the measuring tools in the Viewer. Since the Viewer is discontinued, no new features will be added in due time.
The PDF-XChange Editor has this option available, so please consider upgrading to the Editor.

You can download and install it here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... nge-editor

You can find this option very easy. Just complete a measurement and then double click on the text. A pop-up will appear with that text. Select the text, click on properties in the measurement toolbar and all text properties will be shown in a pane on the right.
Please check the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
Measurement.zip
(92.55 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Miho Mihov
User

Re:PDF-XChange Viewer 2012-text size of the measuring tools

Post by Miho Mihov »

Radi - Tracker Supp wrote:Hello Miho,

Welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately, there is no way to change the text size of the measuring tools in the Viewer. Since the Viewer is discontinued, no new features will be added in due time.
The PDF-XChange Editor has this option available, so please consider upgrading to the Editor.

You can download and install it here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... nge-editor

You can find this option very easy. Just complete a measurement and then double click on the text. A pop-up will appear with that text. Select the text, click on properties in the measurement toolbar and all text properties will be shown in a pane on the right.
Please check the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Radi
Thanks Radi,

I am aware of that and already tested it. I have to convince the employer to switch to Editor. This feature in Editor is still cumbersome - you only can change the text size after you created the measurement. Setting the current style as a default does not work. So please consider this in the future - to enable setting the text format for each measuring tool and set is as a default. This will avoid a lot of unnecessary repetitive work.

Regards

Miho Mihov
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Miho,

Thank you for the post. It seems there is a bug in that the measurement tool ignores the default font. I have reproduced that issue and created an internal development ticket to help track this issue's status. Please reference RT#2993: Measurement tool does not respect default font properties when requesting an update to this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Miho Mihov
User

Post by Miho Mihov »

Thanks Patrick,

I am glad you are taking action on that.

One more thing, which is more like a wish list. In my opinion it would be very helpful if you add one more comment tool as a feature - to be able to draw an arc - with the same properties as a single straight line, except it is curved, possibly using three points - beginning, end and one in-between which will determine the radius. The termination at both ends again can vary - none, arrow, dot etc.

In a similar manner a measuring tool which measures angles would be very helpful.

Hope you could consider this in the future development of the software.

Regards

Miho Mihov
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Miho,

Unfortunately "arcs" as such are not included in the PDF specification, so the only way to do that is with e.g. Bezier curves. For the moment you can use the "pencil tool" and the smoothing algorithm applied to it will create a curved line. I do not believe an angle measuring tool is possible (and keeping within the PDF specification), but will see to discus this request with our devs.

Regards,
Stefan
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,
It seems there is a bug in that the measurement tool ignores the default font. I have reproduced that issue and created an internal development ticket to help track this issue's status. Please reference RT#2993: Measurement tool does not respect default font properties when requesting an update to this issue.
RT#2993 has been set to status resolved, though due to another issue, I have reopened it. in build 315, you can now set and apply the default text for measurement tool, through the properties toolbar, though not by right clicking.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America