Useless tray icon when checking for updates!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

Useless tray icon when checking for updates!

Post by gate1975mlm »

Hello,

Why does PDF-XChange Editor add a system tray icon when checking for updates?

In every other software I use when checking for updates it does it from with in the software with out the need for a useless tray icon.

Any chance in future versions you can you get rid of the tray icon and just be able to check for updates from with in PDF-XChange Editor with out showing a tray icon?

Thanks
gate1975mlm@comcast.net
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Useless tray icon when checking for updates!

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gate1975mlm,

Thanks for post and suggestion - I'll forward this along for consideration.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post. The reason you see the updater tool in the system tray is because currently, it acts as a separate program, checking for updates for all programs (e.g. PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-XChange Standard 2012, PDF-Tools) installed on your computer. We are looking into a full integration sometime in the future. That being said, the timeline is not definitive.
We do however take feedback from users such as yourself into serious consideration; I will pass this along.

I hope this helps a little!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello gate1975mlm,

Thanks for the post. The reason you see the updater tool in the system tray is because currently, it acts as a separate program, checking for updates for all programs (e.g. PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-XChange Standard 2012, PDF-Tools) installed on your computer. We are looking into a full integration sometime in the future. That being said, the timeline is not definitive.
We do however take feedback from users such as yourself into serious consideration; I will pass this along.

I hope this helps a little!

Thanks for the info and glad to know full integration is planned in the future :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com