Batch OCR?

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

robromano
User

Batch OCR?

Post by robromano »

I have been waiting for years it seems for someone to offer (someone other than Adobe) a batch OCR solution. I now pay $20/month to Adobe for Acrobat Pro.

Is this OCR SDK mean that Batch OCR capability is finally coming to your software? Please say yes...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Batch OCR?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello robromano,

The SDK is intended to software developers that will be integrating this feature in their own products, and yes - via code this can be done to work on batches of PDF files. However a batch OCR tool for our end user Editor is still some time away.

Regards,
Stefan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Batch OCR?

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

You have posted in our Developer forums - but from your post I suspect you are not a developer - but an end user ?
AS a developer you could already create a batch OCR option using our SDK's - but as an End User I am afraid you will need to wait a bit longer - we are currently designing an ADD-In for our Editor that will allow you to batch any option/function as part of a routine within a PDF or set of files - not Just OCR, but this is still some way off reaching release.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com