Ctrl + B in bookmarks window

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PeterPan
User

Ctrl + B in bookmarks window

Post by PeterPan »

Hi,

thanks for the huge update today. Particularly for fixing the focus bug and for the shortcut ctr + T for us shortcut freaks :D !

I have a note to the bookmarks window in the editor and would love to here your opinion once again :wink:
When I use Ctr + T to open the tab window, I'm able to click on any page I want to see and I can close thhis window whenever I want by pressing Ctr + T again.

When I open the bookmarks with Ctr + B I'm just able to close it the same way as long as I don't click anything. When I click somwhere in the free area the bookmarks window get focused and I'm not able to close it with Ctr + B anymore. That is my first request and the second one is that when I want to jup to some bookmark by clicking it and want to close the bookmark window the specific bookmark is marked bold. Could you change this behaviour so that you are always able to open and close the bookmarks like the tabs?! I hope my suggestions make sense.

I wrote the Tracker Support an email on friday because the editor crashes when I search a specific PDF for the term "ttl". The bug is still there in the new build, so would it be possible to post any updates here? Of course you don't have to write me an email. That would be really great, if it isn't possible it's okay, too.

Best regards! :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl + B in bookmarks window

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi PeterPan,

Thanks for the post - regarding the bookmarks pane, currently Ctrl + B bolds the name of the bookmark, so there is obviously a conflict between what should close the pane and what bolds the names. The Dev. Team have told me that they will change the shortcut for bolding the bookmark names to something (such as Ctrl + Shift + B) so that there is no conflict. The ticket for this is RT-2316.

In regards to the email that you sent - did you receive a response? I'm not seeing any record of the email in our system. Perhaps you could upload the document here for us to test? That way we'll be sure to get it, just please make sure that the file is contained in a ZIP folder.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Will,

thanks for your answer and making a ticket.

I did receive a repsonse, first from Chris who was asking for the editor and windows version I'm using and later after I sent a question referring to the mail Stefan answered it half an hour later.

I would like to upload it here but it is about 22mb big, so that is not possible. I tried to delete pages to make the file smaller but then the error didn't occur anymore.
But there is something strange with this file. Short explanation: I have a lot of slides for my lecture at the university, each week I get about one pdf file. At the end of every semester I merge all these files with "pdf tools 5" to one file because it's easier for learning purpose. When I try to reproduce the bug with the single file it doesn't happen, just with the whole file.
However I could upload the file to a filehoster and paste the link here, I would secure it with a passwort because I don't think that I'm allowed to publish this file. I would then sent you the passwort to an adress you like. What do you think?

Best regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi PeterPan,

Thanks for getting back to me - not a problem, could you try resending the email to will@tracker-software.com ? That way I'll receive it directly. Also, could you send a separate email with the original PDF's themselves, before they were combined, as I suspect that we will need them as well, to be able to properly troubleshoot, given that this can only be reproduced after they are combined.

Also, can you try using the File --> New Document --> From Multiple Files feature of the Editor, to combine the files and see if the issue still occurs? I suspect that it happens during the merging process, or as a result thereof.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Will,

thanks again for your answer. In the next ten minutes I'll send you two mails with the files. (You should have received them by now)

I didn't know that this is also possible with the editor, thanks for letting me know. But unfortunately it didn't work either.

Best regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi PeterPan,

Thanks for sending those in - I've tested and confirmed the bug here too. It doesn't seem to matter what the files are merged with.

I've created a ticket for this issue too, the ticket number is RT-2318.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

RT#2316 should be fixed in build 308 (released earlier this week), so can you please download and test that?
Please also let us know if RT#2318 was also resolved?

Regards,
Stefan
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Stefan,

thanks, both bugs are fixed! Unfortunately I found another threee bugs:
- I open more than one files from two differen folders with the editor. I close one of the files but I'm not able to delete the folder with the closed pdf file with the windows explorer
- I search for ttl in the document I sent you and the editor finds to many wrong results which aren't "ttl" at all
- (I think this problem could be related to the first one): I copied the part where the editor found "ttl" wrong and the copied content was wrong too, too many of the same characters. For example it should be "This is a test" but it actually is "TThisss iis a tttesstt"

First I thought that this is a really bad made PDF but with sumatra all works perfectly well!

Regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the post - regarding the incorrect search and copying, could you please send a sample of the file itself? If you don't want the file to be publicly available, then you can send the file to support@pdf-xchange.com, with a link back to this topic.

With regards to the issue with not being able to delete the file, could you please download Process Explorer (link below) and run a search for the filename, then send screen-shots of what you see?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysi ... 96653.aspx

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Will,

thanks for your answer. I sent you the file directly to your email address, I hope you can reproduce these to bugs.
I try to find something with the process explorer but I couldn't find anything. I also sent you a picture but I think it won't help you that much.
Maybe you can try to reproduce it because I have no idea how to find out more about this bug. Maybe it is even windows related.

Regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

As per our conversation via email - the issue with the search and the copy/paste has been reproduced and a ticket created (RT-2538).

With regards to not being able to delete the folder, as we discussed via email, this is something that Windows Explorer does and, as you're able to delete the contents of the folder, but not the folder itself, this would be an issue with Windows. You should be able to open any file from anywhere else, then be able to delete that folder.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Will,

just for clearification. As far as I see, bug RT-2538 wasn't fixed with build 309. Should it be fixed with this build?

Nevertheless, I know that you work so hard and I would like to thank you for your great product. This release (309) ist very important and I want to thank you especially for the following imporovements:
- Fullscreen support
- Search function is working as it should and don't disappear when using the same shortcut again
- Autoscrolls is working
- You've included an updater

I think nearly all the things I missed are implemented by now, I simply love it!

Just one small suggestion for the future :wink: : Ctrl + "+" and Ctr + "-" for zooming would be great!

Kind regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I can't see anything new on the ticket, other than the fact that it has been assigned to a Developer. I will have a colleague check with the Development team once they're in.

With regards to the Ctrl + '+' and Ctr + '-' to zoom, this is set to the Numpad '+' and Numpad '-', which are actually different ASCII's. I'll will also place a request for the regular '+' and '-' keys to work as well, though for now this can obviously be set manually.

I'm glad that you're liking the new features :D

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)