ArialMT font not displaying correctly

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pctuki_fg
User

ArialMT font not displaying correctly

Post by pctuki_fg »

Hi,

I encountered a weird problem with the PDF-XChange Editor (the two latest releases at least). It does not display ArialMT font properly. I have attached an example pdf to this post.

I tried with older viewer and new Adobe Reader and the PDF displays correctly. Also if I change the font in the pdf to Arial it is readable, but not perfect. I have attached images how it looks on Adobe Reader and PDF X-Change Editor.

Probably it's not all about the font, because even with changing it the text didn't display as well as it did with other products.
Attachments
images.zip
adobe_reader_testipdf.jpg & pdfxchange_testipdf.jpg
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
testi.zip
testi.pdf
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 87 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: ArialMT font not displaying correctly

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the sample file pctuki_fg,

Indeed it displays incorrectly in build 307.2 but I tested it in a pre-release of build 308 - and the text is rendered properly there, so please wait until next week and install build 308 when released and your files will display correctly.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
308.zip
(857.21 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try with the new build as soon as it's available.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)