Losing text when combining forms

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ksudavid
User

Losing text when combining forms

Post by ksudavid »

I have 2 copies of a PDF form open with the form fields filled in. Both docs are saved as separate file names. When I combine the documents into one by using the Document-Insert Pages, the form fields of the merged document disappear. Not just the text but the fields are completely erased. The original document (i.e. the doc I added the page to) maintains its fields and text.

Is this normal behavior? The solution ended up being to Flatten the second document before merging it into the first but that is not what I was after.

Thanks
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Losing text when combining forms

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello ksudavid,

Thank you for the post,
Unfortunately the copy form fields feature has not yet been implemented. We are working on getting this feature out and available to users but do not yet have a timeline as to when it will be released.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
uptop
User

Post by uptop »

Hello Patrick,

I see that was back in 2014, and it seems this still hasn't been implemented almost 10 years later? Is that right?

How can I merge multiple forms without losing the fields?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, uptop

Yup, it was done. You need to use "Copy with Rename":
image.png
does that help? It should be available in "Combine Files" as well as "Insert Pages"

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com