Customise Tool bars

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

visual approvals
User

Customise Tool bars

Post by visual approvals »

Customising toolbars

Hello All,
I'm very new to this forum so please forgive ...what im sure are going to be simple questions until I come to grips with the PDF viewer sdk.

Having said that ...

1: Is it possible to remove the option to customise the built in tool bars...or do I need to build my own tool bars and code for the functionality available in the standard tool bars...assuming this is possible eg The "Stamp" tool bar has an option to "reset this toolbar" or to customise the tool bar as does the zoom toolbar...I would rather my users did not have this option...it allows them to add additional functionality which I would rather they did not have.

Many thanks

PS ...sorry already made a mistake :( and previous post was to Clarion only Forum
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Customise Tool bars

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello visual approvals,

Welcome to our forums!
I just removed the duplicate post from the Clarion only section.

You can create your own toolbars with just the tools you like e.g. in the stand alone end user Viewer, then export those to a settings file.

Then you can load that settings file right after loading the Viewer AX control, and immediately after that lock all toolbars to prevent the users from customizing it.

Regards,
Stefan
visual approvals
User

Hmm...you guys seem to have thought of everything....

Now If I understand you correctly ...all I need to do is setup how I want my viewer to look to end users, using the various options available for customisation and then save my settings...brilliant...
so....how to I save the settings? :D ....is it possible to save these "setting" in the settings for the project?

Do I have to buy the stand alone viewer?

I did a quick search of the help file for the syntax of the lock toolbars...without success ...can you point me in the correct direction?
many thanks
visual approvals
User

Got it worked out
many thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear that visual approvals!