Ads inserted into extracted pages?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

usr
User

Ads inserted into extracted pages?

Post by usr »

Hello, I bought a PDF-XChange Viewer Single User License because I am a big fan of the free version and wanted to have the added functions like page extraction etc.

I was overall happy with the product until today to my irritation there were ads inserted into a page I extracted. (screenshot is attached)

Why are there ads like this in the paid version? How do I get rid of them?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Ads inserted into extracted pages?

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

There are no 'Ad's' ever inserted into any of our products - I suspect you mean the trial watermarks and the only possible cause for this is that your serial number is either no longer entered in the product - or you have downloaded a later version and your serial number is not valid for the latest version. Please see your account here;

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/login

If you are entitled to a free upgrade to the latest version there will be a free serial number available or details on how to upgrade and the cost if appropriate.

Any problems - please email support@pdf-xchange.com with your license info and we will be pleased to help
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
usr
User

Post by usr »

Thank you, I fixed it by reentering the Serial Key using the "Free Serial" e-mail I got sent a while ago.

Anyway, expiring/downgrading the license/key after usage of the built-in update function and without any additional warning is not very user friendly.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello usr,

Glad to hear you sorted it, and your key has not been "downgraded" - you simply had to enter the newer one you were supplied. This should be a one off inconvenience anyway, and will not happen in the future.

Regards,
Stefan
usr
User

Post by usr »

Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi usr,

Also, just to add to what Stefan said, an email notification was sent out to all users that were to have their keys updated to an Editor key. We first sent out emails on the 23rd of December stating why this was being done and who to, then a secondary email should have been sent with you new Editor license.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

We (company license with 3 users) have the same problem, but did never receive any email with a new key. We purchased the licenses through a reseller, did they receive the new key and maybe did not forward them to us? How is the procedure of receiving keys when the original purchase was through a reseller?
Thanks,
Kai
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Kai,

Welcome to our forums. Please e-mail us to support@pdf-xchange.com your current license key and we will provide you with the new one.

Regards,
Stefan