Build 307 Rocks Thank you!!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

Build 307 Rocks Thank you!!

Post by gate1975mlm »

I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful Track Software developers for making what is now the best PDF Reader/Editor on the planet! I just installed the latest build PDF-XChange Editor 3.0 Build 307.0 and I am very impressed! Build 307 pretty much now has all the features that I have been asking for over the last year or so.

1. "Show gaps between pages" setting is now always remembered when opening read and unread PDF's :)

(Update) "Show cover in 2 pages view" is still not enabled when opening unread pdf's :(

2. Bottom toolbar with Previous Page and Next Page buttons is back.

3. Thumbnail Previews for PDF's on my desktop and in folders is is back.

4. Left and right arrows on keyboard now work as they should. "Left arrow key Previous Page" and "Right arrow key Next Page".

And I also think the top tool bar looks very nice with all the buttons :)

There is only one thing that I still can not seem to figure out. Was "Restore Last Session"option for all Previously opened tabs added in build 307?

So for example lets say I have 4 different pdf's opened at the same time in 4 tabs when I close it and then reopen a pdf will those 4 tabs also reopen?

Thanks again and Happy New Year!! :)
Last edited by gate1975mlm on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Build 307 Rocks Thank you!!

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, gate1975mlm.
Was "Restore Last Session"option for all Previously opened tabs added in build 307?
Sorry, no. But it will be added in the next build. It will save/restore layout of opened tabs also (all custom tab groups that you made by D&D of tabs or by commands from "Window" menu).

Thanks an Happy New Year to You too!
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

I agree completely with gate1975mlm, the new toolbar at the bottom is great. I really love it and missed it since I switch from the viewer. Thank you so much!!!
Personally the editor is now nearly perfect for me, only two wishes left:
- I would love to have a fullscreen feature :)
- I loved the feature in the viewer that you could press the mouse wheel, hold it and move/scroll across the whole pdf with it. I know it's only a small feature which only few people really use but I thinks it's really great.

Thanks and have a great start in 2014,
Peter
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

PeterPan wrote:I agree completely with gate1975mlm, the new toolbar at the bottom is great. I really love it and missed it since I switch from the viewer. Thank you so much!!!
Personally the editor is now nearly perfect for me, only two wishes left:
- I would love to have a fullscreen feature :)
- I loved the feature in the viewer that you could press the mouse wheel, hold it and move/scroll across the whole pdf with it. I know it's only a small feature which only few people really use but I thinks it's really great.

Thanks and have a great start in 2014,
Peter
+1 on the Full Screen option!

You should be able to press F11 on the keyboard to enable and disable Full Screen Mode. :)
linda quinn
User

Post by linda quinn »

I couldn't agree more. The new toolbar is great. I can get to the features I need in one click. I love PDFXChange Editor and now it is even better for the new year. :P
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Build 307 is a welcome update — I am still finding my way around all the new features — there are so many of them.

Customisation is now possible. To reduce space taken by the large icons and text below, drag the bottom of the toolbar up to a single row. The new GUI is looking really fresh and colourful — you obviously have a good designer on that job.

Fullscreen mode and Search providers seem to be still missing, but I don't use either of them very often. I will have to keep the free viewer for the Image Export options, which I do use occasionally. This powerful feature is certainly worth paying for if you need to use it frequently. The Summarise Comments tool is now free, which is a bonus.

I have barely scratched the surface of using the PDF Editing content tools.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bhikkhu,

I don't remember offhand, if it were you or another user that I spoke to regarding the Export As Image function of the Editor, but this should be a free feature and currently isn't. This has been set to a high priority status now and the fix should be included soon.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com