Customizing Commands

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

speed804
User

Customizing Commands

Post by speed804 »

Hello,

I set a shortcut key ctrl+alt+i for the import bookmarks command. I can't get the shorcut to work. Do I need to be in a certain view for the shortcut to work? It isn't used by any other commands and I have tried other shortcuts with the same success.

Also, I see that there is a command id. Is this command id available in any way to any other programs? Like via com/activex, commandline, windows send message, or something? I have tried some initial investigation and I can't see it replicated anywhere else. I am trying to automate this function using autohotkey to add a bookmark to each pdf I make.

Also, do you know to what extent pdfxchange editor is setup for accessibility? I tried viewing the accesible objects and couldn't find anything for the actual bookmark title bar, only the bookmarks pane.

Thanks,

Steve
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Customizing Commands

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the post - we've managed to reproduce the issue with the shortcut and will pass this along to the Dev. Team for investigation.

As to the other question - I'll also need to grab the Dev. Team on this one too. The Developer(s) that would be best for this are actually off sick today, so could I ask you to bear with us on this, until they're back and available?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
speed804
User

Post by speed804 »

The shortcut only works if you have the bookmarks toolbar active. I managed to automate what I wanted to do by sending a controlfocus to the bookmarks control and then sending my shortcut keys.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi speed804,

Thanks for the addtional info. - I'm still waiting on the Devs. this morning, it's still fairly early here.

I'll post back as soon as I have more info. available.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
speed804
User

Post by speed804 »

Hi Will,

One answer to part of my first question I have figured out. The command id is used by javascript. So I can do this app.execMenuItem("cmd.bookmarksView.import") and it will run the import bookmarks command. That makes this relatively easy to automate which is nice. Now if only you guys would code the commandline to parse javascript code you would have the most useful feature of any pdf program I have seen :)!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the info. there!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Steve
I set a shortcut key ctrl+alt+i for the import bookmarks command. I can't get the shorcut to work. Do I need to be in a certain view for the shortcut to work? It isn't used by any other commands and I have tried other shortcuts with the same success.
Reproduced and will be fixed in the next build. Thanks.
Also, I see that there is a command id. Is this command id available in any way to any other programs? Like via com/activex, commandline, windows send message, or something? I have tried some initial investigation and I can't see it replicated anywhere else. I am trying to automate this function using autohotkey to add a bookmark to each pdf I make.
Now if only you guys would code the commandline to parse javascript code you would have the most useful feature of any pdf program I have seen :)!
In the future we planning to implement additional feature: you will be able to run any custom JS-script by command line..
Also, do you know to what extent pdfxchange editor is setup for accessibility? I tried viewing the accesible objects and couldn't find anything for the actual bookmark title bar, only the bookmarks pane.
Currently we unsupported the accessibility interfaces (such as IAccessible, IAccessible2). It will be added in future builds.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.