Can not open file in Adobe X (after signning with XChang Edi

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jrr engineers
User

Can not open file in Adobe X (after signning with XChang Edi

Post by jrr engineers »

Dear Support Team!

I have experienced the following problem(s) with the PDF-XChange Editor:

We have purchased 3 copies of PDF-XChange Editor 3.0.306.1 and we use it mostly for digital signing of documents. Attached is a file where we included our digital signature on pages 14 and 15. Pages 1 thru 13 had been previously signed by another person using Adobe software.

We encountered no errors during signing, however the file can not be opened using Acrobat X reader. Can only be opened using PDF-XChange Editor. This is a real problem to us since the goverment agencies use Adobe software. We have been able to replicate the error each and every time we perform the process. There is no problem when we put our first signature on page 14. The problem starts with our process to insert the second signature on page 15.

Adobe X Error Message:
There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (14).

===== OS Information =====
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)

CPU: 9 (L: 16; 0a00)
CPUs #: 6 (63)

Memory info:
40 percent of memory is in use.
6028508 KBytes total of physical.
3606088 KBytes available of physical.
12055152 KBytes total of paging file.
9263164 KBytes available of paging file.
8589934464 KBytes total of virtual.
8589681760 KBytes available of virtual.

===== Viewer Version Info =====
Version: 3.0 (Build 306.1) (Nov 8 2013; 10:13:22)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can not open file in Adobe X (after signning with XChang

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the post.
As per my email - "I've checked the file and have to say, this is pretty odd. I'm able to open the Document in both the Viewer and the Editor, as well as Windows' own build in PDF Reader, but not Adobe or a couple of other Readers. I will likely have to consult the Dev. Team on this, but the Developers who would deal with the issue are off ill, so I won't be able to get in touch with them until tomorrow, at the earliest. I apologize for that!

In the meantime, is it possible to get a copy of the document before the signatures were placed and corruption occurred?"

Cheers, let me know!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com