Where can i find Properties for the new msi-package

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pltulm
User

Where can i find Properties for the new msi-package

Post by pltulm »

Hello,
I used a *.ini-File to customize my installations of PDF-XchangePro.msi. This INI-File doens't work correctly withe a new installerpackage.
Where can I find a new helpfile for msi-packages?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Where can i find Properties for the new msi-package

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pluta rechtsanwalts gmbh,

If you launch the .msi pack in a GUI (e.g. log in as a user and double click the installation file) - in the lower left corner there should be a "Help..." button with a full list.

Regards,
Stefan
pltulm
User

Post by pltulm »

Thanks.
I found the Helpfile, but it is not up to date / wrong.
If I use this features the installation fails.

F_Help_Viewer
F_Langs_Viewer
F_OCR_Viewer

I found this for the 3 features in the msi-log
"REM DEBUG: Error 2711: The specified Feature name ('F_OCR_Viewer') not found in Feature Table."

Without the features the Installation works, but I have no helpfiles and no other langauges an no OCR-Plugin. If install the file manually all components are active.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi pluta

I'm not sure which installer you were using, I did find that the MSI installer help file for the Pro bundle was indeed out of date. I have attached a corrected one here. It will be incorporated into the next build.

Was it just the Editor installer you were using however? The Editor only MSI installers are not intended to work with .ini files as everything that could be done in an .ini file can be passed at the command line as an argument. Currently in our product range for the msi installers it is only those that include the drivers that support .ini files because that is the best way to install with multiple profiles. (If there are many profiles to be used then it may exceed the number of characters allowed in an install string.)

If you can send me the install string you used as well as your .ini file (zipped to not be stripped from your post by the forum software please) I'll take a look at this also.

hth
Attachments
cmdline_pro.pdf
(99.1 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
pltulm
User

Post by pltulm »

Hi,
no problem I can use the CMD-line in future, bue I still get an error.
I'm using the 64Bit-msi-File Revisio {C7DFCC7B-64EE-4375-8E22-BA68EE73E903}
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding INSTALLLEVEL property. Its value is '1'.
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Note: 1: 2711 2: F_Vlangs
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 2711
DEBUG: Error 2711: The specified Feature name ('F_Vlangs') not found in Feature Table.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711. The arguments are: F_Vlangs, ,
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709
MSI (s) (50:48) [12:29:41:691]: Product: PDF-XChange 2012 Pro -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711. The arguments are: F_Vlangs, ,
My Line is
msiexec /i PDFXC5Pro_x64.msi /quiet ADDLOCAL="F_Drivers,F_Langs_Drv,F_Wizard,F_Help_Wiz,F_Langs_Wiz,F_Viewer,F_Vlangs,F_BrowserPlugins,F_IEPlugin,F_NPPlugin,F_Plugins,F_OCRPlugin,F_Plugin_SP,F_FileOpenPlugin,F_ShellExt" PNAME="PDF-XChange" USERNAME="myUsername" ORGANIZATION="myOrganization" KEY="myKey" SET_AS_DEFAULT=1 VIEWER_IN_BROWSERS=1 /lv!*x %computername%_PDFXCPro_x64.log
If F_Vlangs is removed the installation seems to be succesfull, but the languages are not available.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Pluta,

thanks for that.

it looks like I may have a typo in the document. Can you try using F_VLangs rather than the F_Vlangs that is in the document? I believe this may be case sensitive and I erred in that document.

Do let me know how that goes for you so I know if it''s a simple change to my document or if it is actually an issue thatwe need to address.

Please and thanks
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
pltulm
User

Post by pltulm »

Hi Paul,
fixed. It is casesensitive. After Changing the l to L the Installation is successfull. Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)