Outlook 2010 previewer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrTeeth
User

Outlook 2010 previewer

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

When will an Outlook previewing application for PDF files be supplied? I really miss being able to view PDFs from within Outlook itself.

Thanks

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2010 previewer

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI DrT,

it's not clear yet when it will happen but it will eventually.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Good to hear. There seem to be many things still on the 'to-do' list; I hope that patches/enhancements will start trickling through very soon.

Regards

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Preview handler as all other shell extensions are not the part of the Editor or the Viewer, but a separate component. Currently the installer of the Editor does not contain this component, but it may be installed by the Viewer's installer.

Soon we will embed this into the Editor's installer too (I guess with a slightly improved version).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Ivan,

I don't mind waiting...but not too long :D :wink: .

Lovely software...have totally vaped Adobe Reader <barf>.

Cheers

DrT
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks appreciated :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
pdfcoder
User

Post by pdfcoder »

DrTeeth wrote:When will an Outlook previewing application for PDF files be supplied? I really miss being able to view PDFs from within Outlook itself.
In Outlook-2010 (32bit on Win7-64bit) the preview of attached PDF-files are still handled by Acrobat Reader, so uninstall of Acrobat Reader is not possible yet.

Is there any way to handle PDF previews in Outlook-2010 with PDF Xchange viewer?

Thanks...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello pdfcoder,

If there's no Adobe Reader (or it has not been updated after the installation of our products) - then these previews should be handled by our own preview handler. Adobe have the habit of setting file associations and extensions silently on install/update. If you do uninstall it, and then install our products - the preview generated in Outlook should be the one we generate.

Regards,
Stefan
pdfcoder
User

Post by pdfcoder »

Thanks for explanation.

Abobe Reade had been installed before installing PDF Xchange Viewer, no Adobe update has been done. So why is Adobe used for Outlook previews?
BillR
User

Post by BillR »

I'm getting no Preview of pdf in Outlook 2013 with PDF-XChange Editor installed. There is no pdf viewer listed at all.
Is one available in PDF-XChange Editor?
I tried a repair and no change.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello BillR,

I am checking with our devs at the moment and we will see to post a further advise a bit later here in this topic.

Regards,
Stefan
BillR
User

Post by BillR »

Thanks for looking into this.
I'm missing my preview in Outlook. Have almost installed another viewer just to get it but am being patient.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello BillR,

We are planning to include the Shell Extensions in the Editor installer for the next build (307) if all goes well, and in the mean time you can install the Viewer + shell extensions to get your Outlook previews back.

Regards,
Stefan