Welcome to the PDF-XChange Editor !

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Welcome to the PDF-XChange Editor !

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This forum has been created in preparation for the official release of the PDF-XChange Editor - an announcement about which will be made later today - March 22nd. 2013.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the PDF-XChange Editor !

We have now released Version 3 of the PDF-XChange Editor - available either from our downloads page here;

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

or from this direct download link;

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE3.zip

This product is a full release with many new functions and features which we will detail in full on our web site early next - but for now we are publicising this only to existing users and will not formally offer for sale until early April after some further testing and feedback from our valued existing users - and a few last minute additions still being prepared for an update approx 14-21 days on.

In regards licensing any client who has already or who goes on to purchase, the following products can use their serial numbers to enable the trial version available above and convert to a fully licensed, unrestricted installation;

PDF-XChange Viewer PRO, PDF-Tools 4.x and PDF-XChange PRO Bundle V4 and 5 provided they purchased on or after January 1st 2012.

Any user with a license dated prior to this will require a maintenance extension or License upgrade to use the 'PRO' - advanced, licensed features.

As with our existing PDF-XChange Viewer - most of the functionality is free to user without a license and the advanced features that do require a license can be tested and used - but will place a watermark on all pages in a file (permanently) if the file is saved.

Your comments and feedback as always are welcome.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Mattes57
User

Post by Mattes57 »

This is great news! Thanks a lot.

I'm still missing some features e.g. localisation, but I'm sure these will come soon.
Some menu items are greyed out (e.g. sticky notes properties), though my PDF-XChange Pro License from July, 2012, should be applicable. "About" says it's a free application. ???

Keep up the good work!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mattes57,

Thanks for the post - the missing features, including the properties of comments, have not been implemented in the current build, and are expected to be implemented in the next build (which should be available in the next week 2 weeks). So don't worry, this isn't a licensing restriction, but is just to do with those features not having been implemented yet.

A provisional date of 22nd April has been set and we will then consider this to be 'The Gold' official release - and we will then continue to add features and improve over the coming months as always.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
Podhorny
User

Post by Podhorny »

Hello, new Editor looks very good.
I want ask when Language localization tool for Editor will be availabe?

Thanks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

later this month if all goes to plan ....

Best regards
Tracker Support
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:We have now released Version 3 of the PDF-XChange Editor - available either from our downloads page here;

or from this direct download link;

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE3.zip

This product is a full release with many new functions and features which we will detail in full on our web site early next - but for now we are publicising this only to existing users and will not formally offer for sale until early April after some further testing and feedback from our valued existing users - and a few last minute additions still being prepared for an update approx 14-21 days on.

In regards licensing any client who has already or who goes on to purchase, the following products can use their serial numbers to enable the trial version available above and convert to a fully licensed, unrestricted installation;

PDF-XChange Viewer PRO, PDF-Tools 4.x and PDF-XChange PRO Bundle V4 and 5 provided they purchased on or after January 1st 2012.

Any user with a license dated prior to this will require a maintenance extension or License upgrade to use the 'PRO' - advanced, licensed features.

As with our existing PDF-XChange Viewer - most of the functionality is free to user without a license and the advanced features that do require a license can be tested and used - but will place a watermark on all pages in a file (permanently) if the file is saved.

Your comments and feedback as always are welcome.
Hm,
I'm not sure, if my purchases (with extended update period) will allow me to get a fully licensed version of the new XChange Editor. Is there any indication, if an entered serial will be "accepted" or not?

Another question, I took part during the beta testing phase and wrote a lot of emails, but never got any feedback. I do not know, if my documented points have been checked and will even be solved in the future or not...
...any hint about the next steps here?

Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Puffolino,

Thanks for the post - If you purchased after January 1st 2012, then your serial key should work fine in the Editor. If you purchased before January 1st 2012, and have active product maintenance, then please contact sales@pdf-xchange.com or support@tracker-sofware.com and you will be issued a new serial key. If you purchased prior to January 1st 2012, but don't have active maintenance, then please contact sales@pdf-xchange.com to renew your maintenance plan, where-upon a new serial will be issued to you that will allow you to use the Editor.

As for the bug-fix concerns - all of the reports on the Editor bugs were sent directly to the Development team. If you find that your issues were are not addressed in the next build of the Editor (we're aiming for April 22nd), then please send details of the issue via the Help --> Report a Problem feature of the Editor.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Puffolino,

Thanks for the post - If you purchased after January 1st 2012, then your serial key should work fine in the Editor. If you purchased before January 1st 2012, and have active product maintenance, then please contact sales@pdf-xchange.com or support@tracker-sofware.com and you will be issued a new serial key. If you purchased prior to January 1st 2012, but don't have active maintenance, then please contact sales@pdf-xchange.com to renew your maintenance plan, where-upon a new serial will be issued to you that will allow you to use the Editor.

As for the bug-fix concerns - all of the reports on the Editor bugs were sent directly to the Development team. If you find that your issues were are not addressed in the next build of the Editor (we're aiming for April 22nd), then please send details of the issue via the Help --> Report a Problem feature of the Editor.

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much, I have sent an email now and I am excited, which improvements will be seen for the next release (e.g. drag and drop files...?)
BTW, I did all my error reports by mail, because the first time I have used the internal report error procedure, the program hung after I spent much time entering all the bug information.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Puffolino,

Not a problem, glad to help :)

I believe that the ability to drag and drop files should be in there, but I can't say for sure, as the primary focus of this build is about fixing bugs and bringing the Editor up to a point where it can replace the Viewer, so I'm not entirely sure how many entirely new features will have been implemented.

Anyway, thanks for the bug reports/requests - they will be looked into and dealt with as soon as is possible.

Cheers,
Will :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Puffolino,

Hope that helps!

Is the new update still on schedule for today? :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi gate1975mlm,

I hate to say it, but unfortunately not - there have been two bugs reported that the Dev. Team would like to fix before releasing the next build. For hopefully obvious reasons, they don't feel that a new build of the Editor, that contains two known bugs, is reasonable to give the users. We apologize for this inconvenience, but I hope you understand!

We estimate that the new release should be available late Wednesday/early Thursday.

Cheers, hope that helps!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi gate1975mlm,

I hate to say it, but unfortunately not - there have been two bugs reported that the Dev. Team would like to fix before releasing the next build. For hopefully obvious reasons, they don't feel that a new build of the Editor, that contains two known bugs, is reasonable to give the users. We apologize for this inconvenience, but I hope you understand!

We estimate that the new release should be available late Wednesday/early Thursday.

Cheers, hope that helps!
Thanks for the info :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Not a problem :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
PeterPan
User

Post by PeterPan »

Hi Will,

ist the information about the estimate release still up to date?

Best regards
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

We have taken a few extra days this week to clear up some last minute bugs reported and add several new features - rather than posting the release earlier this week and then updating again a few days later - the Gold release will be available late tomorrow or possibly Monday depending on progress - but no later for sure.

Best regards
Tracker Support
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi,

We have taken a few extra days this week to clear up some last minute bugs reported and add several new features - rather than posting the release earlier this week and then updating again a few days later - the Gold release will be available late tomorrow or possibly Monday depending on progress - but no later for sure.
This is inane. Shame on the manager of this company because many times now you have taken for granted your customers in delaying the release of this update. All we get are comments like the above that flippantly indicate just a few more days. Granted the earlier delay was for months and now it's down to days which is an improvement. And I realize that software is tricky with regard to hard release dates, but at some point you must release it even it doesn't contain every single new feature for which you originally planned. But now in this message you indicate that not only are you fixing bugs (which was supposed to have been done according to the previous message) but you're adding features? Adding features means an even longer delay because you'll have to test for bugs in them! Why not stick with what you know already works?!

This practice of incessant delays and misleading your customers is a pathetic way to do business. Again, shame on whoever is running the operation.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

would you would really prefer us to release a product we know has bugs and can fix now by taking a little extra time and at the same time other team members here can take advantage of that time to enhance the product, rather than use valuable time in a week or so to issue yet another update (which takes 24 hours to prepare and release and therefore wastes valuable time) - there have been delays and we have apologised for this - however we already have a build of the editor released which does much of what is not available in the Viewer - between the 2 you have 99% of all promised features, further we have extended generously the free updates and maintenance during these delays in an effort to mitigate and compensate.

Respectfully I must suggest that if taking all of the above into account you still feel so aggrieved then it is probably to our mutual benefit that we part company and you seek an alternative solution.

If you have a license from us - rather than the FREE product - please email sales@... and we would be pleased to consider a pro-rata refund for your license to avoid further dissapoinment and conflict.

Further - if you have anything additional to say - please do so directly via email - this is not the place to voice your concerns in an effort to whip up dissatisfaction where for the bulk of users a good and healthy relationship exists and they accept our intentions are genuine and intended for the good of all - which you blatantly do not.

Best regards
Tracker Support
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Home » About Tracker Software Products Ltd. » News, Press & Events » PDF-XChange Editor - Gold release !!!
News, Press & Events
Back to all News, Press & Events
PDF-XChange Editor - Gold release !!!
26 APR 2013
We are very pleased to announce the formal 'Gold' release of the PDF-XChange Editor build 301 today Friday April 26th.

This is the formal upgrade available to the PDF-XChange Viewer and is now our primary product offering for the Viewing, modification and printing of PDF files, a comprehensive specification and feature chart is available from this link;

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXEdi ... csheet.pdf

Here are some general notes and FAQ's for user's;

1: To download and install please visit this page on our web site;

2: The PDF-XChange Viewer Live Update will not upgrade your installation - these are strictly speaking 2 separate products and will co-exist on your system as such, you must specifically download and install the Editor independently.

3: PDF-XChange Editor will replace the PDF-XChange Viewer as a component of our other product installers progressively over the coming 14 days - but for now it is only available as an independently installed product. So if you have purchased PDF-XChange PRO, PDF-Tools or the PDF-XChange Viewer and your license was issued after Jan 1st 2012 - your serial number is valid and will function in the Editor - but you will need to download the installer independently from the link given above.

4: We have promised we would be generous when it came to offering an upgrade path to the Editor due to the delays in releasing and in keeping with this here are the rules in regards the upgrade options that will apply;

a) You have purchased any of our products which include the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO since January 1st 2012 - your existing serial number will unlock all 'PRO' licensed functionality in this 'Gold' build of the PDF-XChange Editor - no action is required in terms of product license upgrades etc.

b) You purchased one of our products incorporating the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO prior to Jan 1st 2012 - but your maintenance expired on or after May 31st 2012 and you have not renewed your maintenance. We will provide as necessary a serial number giving full unrestricted access to the full feature set of the PDF-XChange Editor Gold build free of charge.

c:) You purchased any of our products incorporating the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO prior to Jan 1st 2012 and your maintenance expired prior to May 31st 2012 - your existing serial number will not function in the new PDF-XChange Editor and either a discounted product upgrade or Maintenance renewal is required, please contact us with your existing license details and we will be pleased to provide further information/costings as appropriate.

Going forward ...

Future updates to the PDF-XChange Editor will require you have product maintenance in place - this Gold release will not cease to function if you have a currently valid serial number - but your access to future updates will be curtailed.

Therefore if you wish to update to later builds as we offer updates and feature enhancements a new serial number will be required in subsequent builds and we will be increasing the price of all our products and consequently maintenance on May 24th - so we strongly recommend if you like what you see now and wish to have access to future updates and feature enhancements, please ensure you update your maintenance plan now as this will be more expensive from May 24th 2012.

Best regards
Tracker Support