Automation with MS Dynamics NAV

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nilanjan
User

Re: Automation with MS Dynamics NAV

Post by nilanjan »

Hi,

I have downloaded the V4 Build 4.0.210 (25th Feb). Problem remain same, can you tell me why events are not executed/fired while executing Automation with PDF-Xchange. I want to capture when print is complete and after that i want to destroy pdf printer. I am using "CPXCPrinter" classes from Automation server "PDF-XChange V4.0 Type Library".

In Navision, PDFPrinter variable is a Automation variable which Points to class CPXCPrinter.

Below mentioned lines as i have written in PDFPrinter event.

PDFPrinter::OnFileSaved(JobID : Integer;lpszFileName : Text[1024])
PrintComplete := TRUE;
MESSAGE('Success-OnFileSaved');

Declared a boolean variable as PrintComplete. Then issue YIELD command by which we can pass the controls to event and i like to pass true value to PrintComplete on OnFileSaved trigger. That is the main objective. So we can move forward when documents saved completely on disk.

Navision code example as follows:
//Control send to event
PrintComplete := FALSE;
YIELD;
IF PrintComplete = TRUE THEN
Do Something;

I have downloaded PDFX4API (25th Feb Release) as per your instruction. Install it, restarted machine. Is there any other software we need to install for creating a PDF file.

I appreciate your help.

Regards
NIL
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Nil,

I am discussing your question with my colleagues, and as soon as we have an answer we will post it here in the forums.

Best,
Stefan
nilanjan
User

Post by nilanjan »

Hi,

Please let me know if is there any update, cause i am stuck with implementation of PDF-Xchange 4.0. If you want to see that how all i have setup, please let me know your timings so that i can give you access.

I appreciate your help.

Regards
NIL
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Nil,

I spoke with the project leader and he is certain that the problem is not in our driver but somewhere in NAV, but he can't say where exactly. We've had some exposure to this system, and a colleague spent a few weeks installing and testing how it works, but overall we do not have great experience with the system, however we could recommend you to use
PXCPrinter.WaitForPrintEvent(event_DocumentSaved, -1)
instead of using messages.

As an additional note the person that checked this topic didn't like this declaration
PDFPrinter::OnFileSaved(JobID : Integer;lpszFileName : Text[1024])
As we provide a pointer and not an array of 1024 elements.

Best,
Stefan