Xchange Viewer 2.5.207

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fghj
User

Xchange Viewer 2.5.207

Post by fghj »

Hi.

Do you know what changes 2.5.207 brings? Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Xchange Viewer 2.5.207

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi fghj,

As usual the history of changes will be updated in the next few days, but most things are bug fixes. There isn't any major functionality added in this build.

Best,
Stefan
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It is nearly two weeks now since the release of the update, and there is still no information regarding the bugs fixed. I update my copy anyway as soon as I know an update is available, but IT Managers will need to know if it is worth the effort up rolling out an update, e.g. if they are experiencing problems due to a particular bug.

There is always the possibility of updates introducing regressions, so updating when no bug fixes will affect a user is probably best avoided.

I fail to understand why it takes any more than 24 hours to update a page on a web server. It won't take any less time next week than it would have taken last week, or a fortnight ago. For me to update my website takes about five minutes if there are only minor changes to a single page. FYI I don't update my Review page, or threads on various forums where I recommend PDF-XChange until the history of changes is available.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. You are correct that the actual updating of the website is not that time consuming, but summarizing all the information is a bit more complicated, and currently requires the attention of our developers who are extremely busy with other tasks as well. We hope that this will be much more streamlined once the V3 Viewer/Editor is released.

Best,
Stefan
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

Can we expect that the changelog to be published this year or is this not realistic?
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi fghj,

Thanks for your post.
We will update the change log information as soon as we can after the release of the V3 Viewer/Editor. All our resources have been deployed to this major task and it is not possible for us to do it before the conclusion of the new version. However, we will upload this information as soon as we get it.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com