A4 to A5

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HELID
User

A4 to A5

Post by HELID »

Hello!
I have a pdf-document with a sheet size named A4. I want to save this A4 to a sheet size A5. How do I manage this by using the lib-functions?

In the PDFXChange Viewer program I do this by changing the sheet size of the A4 page to A5 when I´m about to print the page with PDFXChange 4-printer. I hope that the lib-functions contains a similar programming function.

Best Regards/
Helena Lidén
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: A4 to A5

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Helena Lidén,

The easiest solution would indeed be to "reprint" your pages to A5 sheets - and if you use our Viewer AX SDK, and the drivers API - you can automate the process with very little coding.

Please take a look at the Viewer's AX SDK manual section:
3.2 How to Print a Document?

And then make sure to check the Driver's API Manual for the correct parameters for your output.

Best,
Stefan
HELID
User

Post by HELID »

Hello again,
I have made a solution in my Delphi XE code to reprint my pages in a PDF document with size A4 to A5 sheets. Byt now I have a problem. It feels like the printer holds the document after printing and I think it is because it want´s to show the document after creation. I have tried to tell the printer with the following code:
mPDFPrinter.Option['Save.RunApp'] := false;
mPDFPrinter.Option['Save.SaveType'] := 'Save';
mPDFPrinter.Option['Save.ShowSaveDialog'] := 'No';
mPDFPrinter.Option['Save.WhenExists'] := 'Overwrite';
mPDFPrinter.Option['Compression.Graphics'] := 'No';
mPDFPrinter.Option['Compression.Text'] := 'No';
mPDFPrinter.Option['Saver.ShowProgress'] := True;

When I read the drivers API manual I think that RunApp is the property to tell
the printer that I don´t want to show the created document. And then I don´t want to Show a Save Dialog. I want to print as silent as possible.. And I want the document to be released because I will use it for opening with the library dll´s of PdfXChange.

I couldn´t find the Viewer AX SDK you talked about. What´s the name of the pdf in PDFXChange 4.0?? You recommended me to
Please take a look at the Viewer's AX SDK manual section:
3.2 How to Print a Document?

Best regards,
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Helena,

Here's the Viewer AX SDK:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf ... ctivex-sdk
And attached below is the Manual in question.

As for the issue with locked files - I will need to discuss this with my colleagues and we will post back here a bit later.

Best,
Stefan
Attachments
PDFV_AX.pdf
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 280 times
HELID
User

Post by HELID »

Hi!
OK, thank you. FYI, I have also made a post reply about my problem in another post named Embed fonts.

I also wonder what´s the difference of using the Viewer ActiveX functions? Is there a function that silently resizes a pdf-document of size A4 to a new pdf-document of size A5?? Alternatively just resizes the original pdf-document of size A4 to A5?? :)

Best regards/
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Helena,

I had in mind the Viewer to be used just to initiate the printing and send the PDF file to our printing driver.
I've noted both your topics now - and we will come up with a general recommendation for the best course of action from here on.

Best,
Stefan