Merge two pdf file with even and odd pages.

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

Alfa
User

Merge two pdf file with even and odd pages.

Post by Alfa »

Hi,
I am using PDF-Tools 4.0.0174 Build 0000, but I think is missing an important feature.
I have to scan a lot of old magazines with a scanner without Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), I use a HP OfficeJet 5610.
The result are two large PDF files, the first with all the even pages, the second all the odd pages but in reverse order.
I need to automatically mix the odd and even pages in the correct order without manually moving the individual pages.
Is this possible in the next version?
thanks.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Merge two pdf file with even and odd pages.

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

We will certainly add to the proposed feature list for the upcoming major revision - thanks for the suggestion !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
samanthacastle
User

Post by samanthacastle »

Hello John,

This new feature is a pre-requisite for me: could you please indicate when will be your next "major update" ? :roll:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello samantha castle,

And welcome to our forums.

Even now - using some JS similar to the one here:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 35&t=15280

It should be possible to achieve the merging of two such documents where one has the odd pages ordered correctly and the other the even pages in reverse order.

Best,
Stefan