Convert multipage tiff file to pdf

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Chrisme
User

Convert multipage tiff file to pdf

Post by Chrisme »

Hi,
I am evaluating your PDF XChange Pro SDK.
I am looking for a function to directly convert a multipage tiff file to a new pdf file. Is this possible with just one function call? As far as i understand your manual, i have to use a load of code using functions like PXC_NewDocument, PXC_AddPage, PXC_AddImageA, PXC_PlaceImage and so forth, and i have to deal with all the pages and page sizes of the multi page tiff file myself.

Am i missing something?

Best regards,
Christian
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Re: Convert multipage tiff file to pdf

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi Chrisme,

Thank you for your post.
The functions sound good to me.
Something you would like to take a look is "NewDocumentFromImages" from the help manual: PDFV_AX.pdf.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Convert multipage tiff file to pdf

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Christian,

The PDF Tools SDK functions you are looking at allow you to control the whole PDF creation process - and you can build PDF files from various sources - but in your case might be indeed a bit of an overkill.

The NewDocumentFromImages method Nico mentions uses our Viewer AX - and will require User Interface and some interaction from the user.

But maybe the third option I could think of is going to be the right one :) As you said you are testing the whole PRO SDK - this means that you can also test our printing drivers. It might be easiest to "print" your PDF to our drivers - and then via code control where the generated PDF is to be saved. This can be done silently in a background process without any user interaction. Check the Drivers API component and manuals for this.

Best,
Stefan