Remove the "Download PDF Creation Tools" advert?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gate1975mlm
User

Remove the "Download PDF Creation Tools" advert?

Post by gate1975mlm »

If I buy a license for PDF-Xchange Viewer on how many computers can I install it on? See the Free version is plenty good enough for my use however I do not like having the advert in the upper right corner for "Download PDF Creation Tools" And its kind of a bummer that I may have to buy multiple licenses just so I can remove the "Download PDF Creation Tools" advert on all 4 computers in my home.

Also If I do buy a license now will I get a free upgrade to 3.0?

Why most the "advert" always be shown in the Free version? And is there any chance you would consider removing it from the free version? :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Remove the "Download PDF Creation Tools" advert?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello gate1975mlm,

No we do not consider removing this add from the free version, and you will need to purchase a couple of licenses, as we do allow a single license to be installed on a maximum of two PCs - as it's quite a common combination to have a desktop PC + Laptop - but for 4 PCs you will need two licenses.
Yes - a license purchased now will include a Free Upgrade to V3.0.

Best,
Stefan
gate1975mlm
User

Post by gate1975mlm »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello gate1975mlm,

No we do not consider removing this add from the free version, and you will need to purchase a couple of licenses, as we do allow a single license to be installed on a maximum of two PCs - as it's quite a common combination to have a desktop PC + Laptop - but for 4 PCs you will need two licenses.
Yes - a license purchased now will include a Free Upgrade to V3.0.

Best,
Stefan
Ok thanks for the info. :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to help gate1975mlm,

Cheers,
Stefan
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:we do not consider removing this add from the free version
What about this great idea (yes, it is great ;) ): you could remove this ad after, let's say, one year after install of PDFX. Why? Well, if someone didn't use that link to buy your software for a full year, than chances he will never do that.

Of course, I do understand your wish to remain that advertisement, and it is not a problem for me - I just hate when I click it by accident when I want to click min/max/close buttons :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi ZoNi,

Yes we can see your point as well - but during that year we will release new features - and at the end the user of our free product might decide to click the link and eventually buy the license :)

Cheers,
Stefan