Can't keep Office toolbar hidden

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

huusa
User

Can't keep Office toolbar hidden

Post by huusa »

In Visio 2007, the toolbar Image always is visible when Visio is lauched. When I hide the toolbar using View, Toolbars, PDF-XChange 4.0 it disappears but then when I restart Visio it comes back. Can I make it stay hidden without removing all of PDF-XChange?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Can't keep Office toolbar hidden

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello huusa,

Please try with all other office applications closed, to open Visio, make the changes to the toolbar visibility, and then close Visio properly.

Then restart the application and this should have correctly saved your preferences.
If it does not work, there should be an add on manager, which could allow you to disable the plug in, but I am not sure whether this will disable it only for Visio or the whole Office Package.

Best,
Stefan
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello huusa,

As temporary solution you may disable addin for Visio in Windows registry. Just set "LoadBehavior" value to 0 in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Visio\Addins\PXCOfficeAddin4.Addin" key. For now we are investigating this behavior of toolbar in Visio.

Thanks for your report.
huusa
User

Post by huusa »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Please try with all other office applications closed, to open Visio, make the changes to the toolbar visibility, and then close Visio properly.
Thanks, but I tried this and it did not help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Then restart the application and this should have correctly saved your preferences.
If it does not work, there should be an add on manager, which could allow you to disable the plug in, but I am not sure whether this will disable it only for Visio or the whole Office Package.
I think it will disable the add-in for all users but only for Visio. In other Office applications the toolbar behaves as expected. I had to start Visio as administrator to disable the plugin.

Are wondering why I want to hide it? It does not work, it does not prompt for file name even if "Prompt for PDF file name" is checked. I suspect that the add-in crashes when I click the "Convert to PDF" button. This applies to all Office applications.
huusa
User

Post by huusa »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:Hello huusa,

As temporary solution you may disable addin for Visio in Windows registry. Just set "LoadBehavior" value to 0 in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Visio\Addins\PXCOfficeAddin4.Addin" key. For now we are investigating this behavior of toolbar in Visio.

Thanks for your report.
I think the COM add-in manager in my screenshot is a GUI to this key. You need to be administrator to edit the key because it's in HKLM, don't you?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello huusa,

Yes you will need the appropriate privileges to make changes to HKLM.

Best,
Stefan
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello huusa,
This applies to all Office applications.
It looks like you have some broken version of PDF-XChange installed on your PC. Please try to uninstall, and then install latest build of PDF-XChange.

HTH.
id plans
User

Post by id plans »

I had this same issue and even though I changed the registry setting in the above reply, I found one more place I needed to change a registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Visio\AddIns\PXCOfficeAddin5.Addin. After I changed this setting, The PDF add-in was gone and I could see my custom toolbars in Visio again. I'm running Windows Server 2008 r2 Terminal Server.

Thanks for the previous post they were helpful to get to my answer.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the input id plans. I hope this will be of use to other users.
:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Steve Pixley
User

Post by Steve Pixley »

Hi guys, I'm new to Microsoft Visio 2007. I'm drawing some power electronics circuit.
Anyone here know how to draw Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor in microsoft visio 2007?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Steve,

And thanks for your question, but I am afraid that this forum is mostly focused on our own products, and as such you are not quite likely to get a response to your Visio 2007 specific question. You might want to try some specialized forums that I am sure are available online and you will get a much faster and precise answer!

Best,
Stefan