Problem imposing page size

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cmarsura
User

Problem imposing page size

Post by cmarsura »

Hi, I am trying to impose a specific page size on pdfs generated by a scanner. In the included sample, starting from a file I create another pdf where each page is copied and forced to a page size of an A3.
The included VariousSizesAndOrientations.pdf, after conversion, have all pages converted without problems.
The pdf generated from the scanner (fascicolo_20081211111146015.pdf) instead have the second and last pages that, after conversion, are shifted toward the opposite upper left corner. Moreover, if I apply a page translation, these two pages seems to move in the opposite direction of the translation.
May be that I have overlooked a setting or is the pdf malformed ?

PS: the VariousSizesAndOrientations.pdf is not included in the zip because is not for public domain, please post an email address where I can send you privately this file for an analysis.

Best regards

Carlo
Attachments
RoundPdfPages.zip
(115.63 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Re: Problem imposing page size

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your post.
Please, could you send us test files (fascicolo_20081211111146015.pdf, 4194Fascicolo.pdf ) at support@pdf-xchange.com?
Thanks.

Sincerely,
cmarsura
User

Post by cmarsura »

This morning I have sent you the pdf.

Carlo
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Carlo,

We received the files, and are investigating this case further. We will post back here as soon as we have any further info!

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

You are modifying the media box of the page but don't take into account page rotation. The second and last page in the mentioned document are rotated by 180 degrees...

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
cmarsura
User

Post by cmarsura »

Ivan, thank you for the fast response and excuse me for my miss. :roll:

Carlo.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)