ERROR: Re-save document?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ZoNi
User

ERROR: Re-save document?

Post by ZoNi »

I often (let's say: twice per month) see yellow exclamation mark in bottom left corner. When I click it, I get this error info:

When re-save, everything is OK. I just want to know what is that, why it happened, since I don't see any problems with those PDFs before re-saving them.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: ERROR: Re-save document?

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This is an advisory that the file you are using does not conform 100% to the PDF Specification - byu resaving the file the errors are corrected by our Viewer so that in the future this file will adhere correctly to the specification and any formatting issues etc corrected.

Not so important in all cases as our Viewer will work around the problems - but if you send to others they may see problems in another Viewer/Reader - so always good practice to do anyway :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

Thank you for this answer! I thought it is something like that :)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com