Add Hyperlink in a pdf file

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

o.m.f.b. s.p.a. hydraulic components
User

Add Hyperlink in a pdf file

Post by o.m.f.b. s.p.a. hydraulic components »

Hi,
I use PDF X-Change viewer to open assembly drawings converted from CAD.
In these drawings I have a lot of codes (in text format) that are other drawings (other pdf files). Each code have a specific pdf drawing in a specific folder and we have a database to connect each code with each drawing.
I have tried to use the tools "ADD HYPERLINK" but I don't want to re-write all the database to connect the texts with the drawings because we just have these connections in our external database. We can easilly convert our database in a excel file with two columns
1: TEXT
2: HYPERLINK to a pdf file
(similar to the windows in "ADD HYPERLINK").
And now the question:
is it possible to connect an external database (or an excel files with 2 columns) instead of re-write all the databse?

I'm very sorry for my poor English. I hope that you can understand what I mean.

Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Add Hyperlink in a pdf file

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello,

Apologies if I have not fully understood your question, but it's possible to create an excel document with two columns just as needed - and then convert taht to a PDF document. The links from the excel file will be preserved by our PDF XChange Standard drivers and you will then have a pdf file with all your links inside.

Now how those links iwll actualyl work - and what the database will return as reply is I believe outside the scope of our products - but if those links are to other PDF files - they should be loaded in your browser with our Viewer plug-in.

Best,
Stefan