Name a Sticky Note Annotation

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

promisekey
User

Name a Sticky Note Annotation

Post by promisekey »

I am using the xcpro40.dll PXCp_AddTextAnnotationA function to create a sticky note annotation. Is there a way to give the annoation a name? Is there a way to make it so it is open by default instead of closed? Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Name a Sticky Note Annotation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello promisekey,

I am afraid that both things are impossible to achieve with the High Level API, and are only available using low level API functions.

Best,
Stefan
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

Other than the PDF Documentation, are there any low-level examples available? If I ever find a defect with a low level function is it something that can be corrected or are the low level functions not supported at all?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi promisekey,

I am afraid that no samples are available, but definitely if you do find something that's not right with the low level API - report it here and we will fix it as soon as possible.

BUT please do take notice of the warning in the help files - Low Level API use is not supported and is used entirely at your own risk - and should be used by advanced users only !!!!

Best,
Stefan
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

When we purchase your product are the low level functions supported? Do you have any special paid support plans where these functions can be supported?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi promisekey,

we have no plans to extend the existing SDK. The new SDK has many more features though the Low Level API is still outside the realms of our SDK support.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
promisekey
User

Post by promisekey »

Do you know if the next version of the PDF Tools is able to set the name of annotations (like a sticky note) using a High-level function?

We are still evaluating your product? Will any of the Low-level functions work (in evaluation mode) if I want to try using them to rename the new sticky note annotation that I am creating?
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

High level pro functions don't support this and you may be able to accomplish it through the low level functions but we do not provide support for this as it requires low level knowledge of PDF structure.

We provide the low level API for the use of those who have extensive knowledge of the PDF format and use the low level API at their own risk - without any support being offered - to offer support for the low level API would involve considerable expense and resources - way beyond the cost applied for the provision of our products - as stated clearly in all our documentation, so please note - if you use the low level API - you are very much on your own !

-Walter