hyperlink backtrack

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mcswell
User

hyperlink backtrack

Post by mcswell »

In internet browsers, it's possible to follow a sequence of hyperlinks, then backtrack along that series, potentially winding up where you started.

I've never seen such a capability in a PDF browser, including PDF-XChange. It would be very helpful--you could jump to an endnote, for example, then jump back to the page that the endnote came from. Or a glossary entry, or a table, or anything else.

I presume the way this is implemented in internet browsers, and would be implemented in a PDF browser, is by a stack. The bottom item in the stack would be the location (perhaps a page) you started out from, which might be something you arrived at by using the <PageDown> key, etc. (By definition, the bottom item would not be something you jumped to via a hyperlink in the table of contents, for example.)

Seems like this should not be difficult to implement. Or does it already exist, and I just don't know about it?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: hyperlink backtrack

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mcswell,

Please try the "Alt + Left Arrow Key" combination - I believe it does exactly what you need.

Best,
Stefan
mcswell
User

Post by mcswell »

Indeed it does! I see in the documentation it is called "Previous view." If I saw that before, I didn't realize what it meant.

Thanks!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com