PDF-XChange adds copies for each user

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vpohle
User

PDF-XChange adds copies for each user

Post by vpohle »

Good morning,

we are using PDF-XChange on our Terminalserver (Windows Server 2008 Standard) together with Sage Office Line 5.1.

PDF-XChange is working fine on the Terminalserver, however, when printing out of Sage Office Line a copy is added automatically for each user (e.g. PDF-XChange 4.0 (1), PDF-XChange 4.0 (2), etc.).

There is a basic version of PDF-XChange coming with Sage Office Line. We bought the latest version of PDF-XChange Pro in order to benefit from the features like watermarks which you cannot use in the basic Sage version.

The problem is that Sage is taking the copy of PDF-XChange and not the "real" PDF-XChange printer. For these copys we cannot specify watermarks or anything else. They behave like the basic Sage version.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Volker
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange adds copies for each user

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Volker,

We also received your e-mail. We could continue the communication here if you prefer, and as per my e-mail could you please confirm that I understood the situation correctly:

1) Our stand alone driver works correctly (and you have some profiles set up with e.g. watermarks in them).
2) Sage also works correctly, but when printing it uses new instances of our printing drivers that it creates with the default settings.
3) You want to be able to convert your sage documents to PDFs and use the settings specified in your stand alone copy of the driver?

Best,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange adds copies for each user

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello again Volker,

After discussing this with one of my colleagues I am afraid that the "problem" is that software that was using ver3 of our drivers was able to use the end user version - with all the benefits, disadvantages and troubles (especially on TS) this brought.

Ver4 of the stand alone driver is separate than the one that third party products incorporate. Third party products will create temporary printers with settings controlled by the application - and this is by design and following the best practices and our recommendations. So I am afraid that we can't do anything in this case, and you will need to ask Sage if they can and are willing to make any changes that will allow you to use profiles, or watermarks through their interface.

Best,
Stefan