Another How To question...

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DSSavant
User

Another How To question...

Post by DSSavant »

Hi guys, just wanted you to know that I've used your PDF Tools and PDF Viewer SDKs. Love the Viewer!

Looking at using the print driver now but from what I understand I can only create Temporary Printers. That being said, I need to create one that is there when the user logs in and logs out. I need one that their software can be associated with and will always be associated with (for example MS Word). And that being said, I assume I need to create an NT Service to host the temporary printer from machine start to machine shutdown. There is another post indicating that services are not working very well with the printer and that it is still broke in build 200. Ouch.

I will also need to take the image sent to the printer driver and add a barcode under it. Let me be specific, I cannot assume that the output sent to the printer has any room in the margins for me to add my barcode. I need to scale the image a bit and print the barcode as close to the paper's edge as possible. Can I scale it using your API, I did not see the proper methods/properties do do so. I did figure that I would add the barcode via a Barcode Font using a Header/Footer or as a Text Watermark.

Any advise would be appreciated as well as a date as to when the NT Service solution will be fixed.

Scream if you need more information from me.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Another How To question...

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

You can specify the scale for the output (see option "Paper.PageScale") to get the space where barcode can be placed; problem is both footers and headers will be scaled too, so, to place a nbarcode you will need to have a another document with this barcode and overlay it with new document.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
DSSavant
User

Post by DSSavant »

Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke