Watermarks being added to PDFs despite having license

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hsrstud
User

Watermarks being added to PDFs despite having license

Post by hsrstud »

Although I have a license installed for PDF-XChange Viewer, the program randomly added the unlicensed watermark to one of my documents. This occurred after I highlighted and saved the document, which should be a free feature anyway. This has happened to me on occasionally in the past, but I would really like to remove the watermark from this document, since I've been working on it for a while and don't have another copy that includes all of my prior edits. In other words, it would take me a lot of time to redo all the edits on the original unedited version. Is there a way that I can remove the watermark?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Watermarks being added to PDFs despite having license

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Please supply your license and the file in question by email (only) and we will analyze and advise - please do NOT post license info here.

support@pdf-xchange.com

Please also make sure you do have the latest release for future use - you can do so using the option Help -> 'Check for Updates'

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
hsrstud
User

Post by hsrstud »

Ok. I sent the document and my license code.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for that hsrstud,

the serial key you sent has been used to get an upgrade discount on the PDF-XChange 4 Pro bundle and as such has been disabled.

The solution is, as I sent in an email to you, to uninstall all tracker software you may have installed to date and run the PDF-XChange 4 Pro installer with your new Pro serial key (also in that email) and you will have all that we do in PDF licensed and functional.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
hsrstud
User

Post by hsrstud »

Ok. Thanks for sending me this information. I forgot that I had previously upgraded and I didn't realize this license had been deactivated.

I would like to make a request that a future version of PDF-XChange have the ability to remove watermarks that were inserted prior to having a valid license installed, to avoid such unfortunate situations.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi hsrstud,

the water marks are difficult to remove intentionally. If a licensed copy of the software could easily remove those water marks it opens iself up to license abuse. It is unlikely that this will change I'm afraid.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America