How do I insert data in a pdf file (same as excel)

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dclaude
User

How do I insert data in a pdf file (same as excel)

Post by dclaude »

I am trying to modify a pdf file I have received to insert "sheet rows" as I would in excel

Thanks

Dave
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How do I insert data in a pdf file (same as excel)

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Dave,

If you mean literally insert a blank row and move all the content above and below to accommodate the insertion - u can add text etc - but not move content in the way suggested - Version 3 of our Viewer in progress now would allow such modification when available - but I would caution your expectations of any PDF Viewer/Reader/Editor - the PDF format was never designed to be a format conducive to such modification - it is not a Word processing or spreadsheet format - but designed to ensure a document created and viewed on one PC would look the same on any other other PC (or MAC/Unix etc) and therefore there will always be limitations and compromises in this regard - so do limit your expectations and if you really need to make major changes to any page/file - it will always be more productive and efficient to modify the document in its original format before conversion to PDF.

Hope that helps
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com