Combine two pdf files with internal link

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kenbla
User

Combine two pdf files with internal link

Post by kenbla »

Hello, I have a problem! I create two different pdf files in a Delphi program. The pdf files are created using the Apache FOP processor. The files gets created without problems. In the next step I use the PDFX-Change method InsertPagesToPdfDocument in order to combine the two pdf files into one, this works fine as well.
The problem I have is that the first pdf file contains an internal-destination link to a place/target in the second pdf file. When I combine the two files into one the link doesn't work! I don't get any error messages it simply doesn't work.
Is there any way to solve this problem?
Regards,
Kenbla
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Combine two pdf files with internal link

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Kenbla,

I believe that the Drivers API SDK forum might not be the correct one, so I will move the topic as soon as you confirm that.

As for your question - I have asked our dev guys for some help and we will update this topic as soon as there are any news.

Best,
Stefan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Can you please be clearer about which of our libraries you are using as the function you mention does not appear to directly relate to any in our products ...

Could it be you are using : PXCp_InsertPagesTo

If so you are using the XCPRO40 library and we will answer on that basis

Or perhaps : Operations::InsertDocumentPages,

From the Viewer ActiveX prhaps ?

Please specifcy and we will assist further ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
kenbla
User

Post by kenbla »

Sorry about that, I am using your method PXCp_InsertPagesTo when I combine the two pdf documents.
Regards,
Kenbla
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Sorry, but links to external files will be not automatically converted to local when you are inserting that file to original (why does xcpro do this? It may not even know which pages from which file you are trying to insert).

At the moment we do not provide functions to modify annotations (a link is actually an annotation), so there is only one possibility to a correct link and that is to use the Low-level API, you can read more about this in the help file - but do note we provide no help/support on low level API use at all.

HTH.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.