Digital Signature

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

michipapa
User

Digital Signature

Post by michipapa »

Hi,

is there any way to show that the digital signature is not longer valid because the pdf has saved with changes ?
Like a red cross or similar ?

If the user does not click at the signature he can´t see any difference.

regards michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Digital Signature

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Michael,

Making changes to a document and incrementally saving it does not invalidate a signature - attempting to tamper with a document does. Otherwise all incremental savings result in the signature being flagged as "valid but the document has been modified after that". As for your request for visually marking signatures I am not aware of anything mentioned in the PDF specification on the subject, and I do not know of any other PDF Viewing software that does mark signatures in such a way.

Best,
Stefan
michipapa
User

Post by michipapa »

Hi Stefan,

ok, but Acrobat Reader 9 shows a little Icon with "there is a problem with one of the signatures" after opening the pdf file.
That´s gives the user a hint to check the signature.
Are there same possibilities n your viewer ?

regards michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Michael,

Not currently I am afraid, but we are working on improving the signature support as well as many other things in ver3 which is still on schedule to be released before the end of this Spring.

Please have a look at this topic for a brief intro into what you can expect from ver3.

Best,
Stefan