Internet Explorer Security Warning

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nanziman
User

Internet Explorer Security Warning

Post by nanziman »

Hi,

I just installed PDF-XChange Lite v4 on my Windows Vista notebook with the most recent updates.

The program works great in generating PDF files from Word or Excel. However, when I attempt to create PDF files from Internet Explorer v8, I get the following security warning.

A WEBSITE WANTS TO OPEN WEB CONTENT USING THIS PROGRAM ON YOUR COMPUTER.
THIS PROGRAM WILL OPEN OUTSIDE OF PROTECTED MODE. INTERNET EXPLORER'S PROTECTED MODE HELPS PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER. IF YOU DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE, DO NOT OPEN THIS PROGRAM.
NAME: PDFSAVER FOR PDF-XCHANGE 4.0
PUBLISHER: TRACKER SOFTWARE PRODUCTS LTD.

IS THERE A WAY TO PREVENT DISABLE THIS MESSAGE WHILE PRESERVERING A HIGH LEVEL OF SECURITY?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Internet Explorer Security Warning

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Hi, the reason on this message is because driver needs to run the end user component - pdfSaver4 - this performs various tasks such as the optimizing of spooled tasks and the actual PDF creation - naturally your browswer is acessing the internet potentially for content and starts PDFSaver in this manner ...

To 'remove' this message you can run pdfSaver4.exe manually before printing as a workaround.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

Is there an easy way to bypass this security warning for all users?

We are using PDF-XChange 4 Pro in our company and every time when a new user begins using a PC that she/he hasn't used before, this plugin warning needs admin rights to run on first time. :?

I'd like to accept the security warning once and for all for every user (also for those who doesn't have admin rights in Windows 7).

Is this possible? Maybe running a command with scheduled task or something?

Adobe Reader never needed any tricks and it opened pdfs in browser without any warnings like this (maybe because all the other crap Adobe Reader tends to run when Windows starts).
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi goldenmidas,

are you talking about the message when printing a webpage to PDF using IE or simply displaying a PDF in IE? The 2 are quite different in terms of what is happening.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

Printing a webpage to PDF works fine.

I'm talking about displaying a pdf file (opened by clicking an URL to a pdf file on any web site) inside a browser window.

Here is an example:

If I click "Allow" it requires admin privileges to run, which most of our users don't have. It would be user friendly to allow this for every user before they begin to use that workstation.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello goldenmidas,

This is a setting that IE is controlling, and it is not something that can be done on our end, but one of our devs (Corwin) is checking now for you whether this is possible to be done as an administrator for all users.

Best,
Stefan
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

While we were still using Adobe Reader we never had to allow it to run like this. So there must be a workaround for this issue, wouldn't you agree?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello goldenmidas,

Agreed, and that's why we are checking what are the options in front of us :)
As Adobe are much larger company it's possible that they have cooperated with Microsoft in some way and their plug-in is treated differently and is considered "inherently trusted" by IE, while all normal plug-ins are "inherently not-trusted" and need permission to be run.

Corwin has been ill for the last few days so the response to you got a bit delayed - apologies for this.
We will reply again here in this topic as soon as we get any further information on the subject.

Best,
Stefan
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

Ok thanks :) I guess solving this issue would benefit a large number of your customers. Otherwise it's really easy to deploy PDF-XChange in a corporate environment; thanks to all those parameters you can feed for that *.exe installer.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Good news goldenmidas,

Corwin confirmed that he found the solution just a few minutes ago and that we will implement the fix in the next build of our Viewer. So an update to build 194 should resolve this issue as well.

Regards,
Stefan
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

Thanks a lot, great work, I'm totally impressed :)

Can't wait to try it out :)
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

:wink:
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
goldenmidas
User

Post by goldenmidas »

Was this fixed in the current .194 release? I can't find it from Version History -change log?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Apologies it was missed in the Version history and I am pleased to report - it was fixed :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support