How to find certain tools

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kim0118
User

How to find certain tools

Post by kim0118 »

Hello! I am new here and to this kind of software. So I need some help. Before you ask yes I did look in the help folder, but it is not giving me the exact information I want.

My question/need help with is how to find certain tools to use on a PDF file. I am doing this project for my mom and my dad was helping me by scaning some of the info onto the computer and saving it as a pdf. It worked but now my problem is that I want to make the image larger to fit more of the page. Is there something in the help, that I missed, or someone know personally what tool to make an image larger in the pdf file.
:?
Thanks you for your help!!
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to find certain tools

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi Kim,

Are you using a licensed copy of the Viewer or the free version?

The best way to work with images in PDF-XChange Viewer is to use a third party image editor such as G.I.M.P. which is a free program, http://www.gimp.org/. Using an image editing program increase the size of the scanned image file not the PDF of of the image but the jpg created by the scanner originally. once you are happy with the size and resolution of the image, use [Ctrl]+[A] to select the entire image; [Ctrl]+[C] to copy it; goto the PDF page where you want it and use [Ctrl]+[V] to past the image onto the page, resize to desired dimensions by clicking on the image and pulling the edges with the mouse cursor.

With the Free Version the image will remain movable, scalable and deletible, with the Licensed Viewer use Comments->Flatten Comments to push the image and any floating text boxes, comments or markup into the base content of the PDF page.

HTH,

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
traducere simultana
User

Post by traducere simultana »

There is another method to do that in free version? It doesn't work in my case...or I should try to reinstall the program because that's the problem?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi traducere simultana

can you give a little more detail on what it is that you are trying to do that does not work? Is the issue the size of the final image on the PDF or something different?

Are you editing the image, as Chris suggested in an image manipulation program?

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com