Distribute the program

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Image-XChange Imaging SDK (only).

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

kevinxgao1
User

Distribute the program

Post by kevinxgao1 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:30 pm

I am able to run this exe file on my development PC. But, when I put it on a new PC, which has never installed any Track Software demo or SDK, it will not run. Could you help me to make this work? Attached is the files I want to distribute.

Yesterday I asked another question. I want to merge this piece of software into another program. Since I could not make it work, I just try to call it from our main application. I will still to try that later.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
imageEditor.zip
File distribution
(997.21 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Thu May 26, 2005 3:53 pm

forgot mention: the new PCs and other test PCs have .NET framework installed. They are running our other .NET application correctly.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 26, 2005 4:05 pm

Hi,

All looks complete (assuming you are installing these all to the same folder on the drive) - also if you are installing to W9x/ME Windows based systems you also need unicows.dll as detailed in the Help file IXCLib30Help.chm 'Redistribution of ...' topic.

Can you please be a little more expansive on the exact nature of the error message you get or do you not get one when you try and run ?

As much info as possible will help us to nail it down.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu May 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Just to follow up on this,

We have released several updates since the release you have and it may be some corrected items are affecting your distributoion - so can I suggest you download the latest build and if you still have problems send again (just your exe) and we will test here.

thanks

http://www.tracker-software.com/downloads/dev/
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:01 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I download the newest version as instructed and the result is the same. It is running perfectly fine on my own PC (ImageSDK package is installed). When I tried to put it on user's PC, it does not work. I tried two PCs and results are the same. Those two PCs have some other .Net applications installed and work fine.

You may try my previously attached files on a PC without Track Software installed.

Attached is the screenshot. Hope it helps.

Really appreciate your help.
Attachments
imageEditorError.zip
Screenshot
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue May 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Hi

Can you advise what OS this is being installed on and also have you tried to run one of our own example applications just to see if that runs on this users equipment ok ?

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry, forgot about this. I compiled the program on a Windows 2000 professional box with most recent patches. The user's PCs all have Windows XP with SP2 installed. This is our default settings.

Thank you for your help.

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:06 pm

I copied "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\Image-XChange 3 SDK\bin" to their local drives (I did not do the isntall) from my workstation. "CSharpScanerDemo_ImgXChg.exe" is running. "CSharp_AxImages.exe" does not run with the same error messages.

Thank you very much for your help.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:58 am

Hi Kevin,

Have you registered the ActiveX component on the machine in question using Regsvr32.exe ?

Any easy way to tell if this is the cause is to install the SDK directly which does this automatically as part of the installation.

Best regards
Tracker Support

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:00 pm

No, I did not register any of those ActiveX component. I will do them all as a test. It will be nice if you could tell me which dll is required to register, if not all of them.

If it works, I will put it in our documentation and included in a application installation routine.

Thank you very much.

kevinxgao1
User

Post by kevinxgao1 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:35 pm

It works after regester "AxImages.dll". This is the only dll needs to be regestered. Thank you very much.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:42 pm

Thanks Kevin,

pleased you got there ! ;)

Best regards
Tracker Support