Link Boxes - PDF Viewer PRO

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bignose
User

Link Boxes - PDF Viewer PRO

Post by bignose »

Is there anyway I can create an action that will jump me to a new document and at the same time close the present document, as this action doesnt appear to be possible in the present actions list or discussed in the help document.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Link Boxes - PDF Viewer PRO

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Can you provide a little more info/Pseudo code on the process - for example is your code facilitating the opening of the first document?

There is no launch action which by default opens a new document and closes the original one as such..

Furthermore, a word of caution - 'Actions' generally are the current focus of some dubious methods and bad press for the PDF format as they are being used by some 'nefarious' types for malicious puposes - we and others are investigating/strengthening our Viewers/Readers to esnure that they cannot be used for such (as far as we can) - so be advised that at some point in the future - this may all become more problematic..
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
bignose
User

Post by bignose »

Hi

What I am trying to do is:
I have a file which is called "contents list".
I have several files related to the contents list.
I use links on each item of the contents list, which when used, opens that particular file.
Each file has a link back to the contents list.
If I am going through the contents list looking for a particular item and the file that it has opened doesnt contain what I want, I have links which take me back to the contents list.

The problem is that rather than have all the files open at the same time, I want the file to close when I link back to the contents list.

Does this explain better what I am trying to do ? Obviously I could just create one large file (100mb) and then just have the links moving me around the file. I have, however, opted to have all the sections as seperate files (rightly or wrongly. Not sure if this is more efficient on memery considering how large available computer memory is these days)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks I do understand now.

I should have asked - sorry - which of our products (specifically) are you using and are you using the developer SDK - or the end user version?

I suspect the latter, but as you have posted in the PDF-Tools SDK forum, I am a little uncertain and not sure therefore of the best direction to point you ..

Cheers
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
bignose
User

Post by bignose »

Ahhh, sorry, I guess I am in the wrong forum.....I didnt realise.

I'm using PDF Viewer, end user version.

I guess if this facility is not present, then I should create my own SDK ?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,
I guess if this facility is not present, then I should create my own SDK ?
Is that a serious comment or are you asking if you should use our SDK in some way ?

Best regards
Tracker Support