Moving from PDF-XChange V2.5 to 3 SDK - Missing Files. Help!

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Andrew - Tracker Support, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

asham
User

Moving from PDF-XChange V2.5 to 3 SDK - Missing Files. Help!

Post by asham » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:15 am

Hi,

I have my application using the older version of PDF XChange SDK V2.5. Im looking at moving to the newer versions. :)

I downloaded the eval version and installed it on my machine. When I tried to compile my application, it gave me errors about missing files and links and references. :(

When I compared the files from teh eval version to the one that was already installed, I found the following files missing:

fmt_jb2.dll
fmt_xcx.dll
pdfxcds.dll
pdfxclib.h
pdfxcpro.h

Some of the files were moved from the bin directory to the bin directory under samples. In fact I could not find a bin directory as it was in the previous version. :?:

Can someone please help me sort things out? My application has direct reference to the pdfxclib.h file and I cant seem to find it anywhere.

any direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
asha

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:25 am

Hi,

if you installed from the correct installation 'exe' :

PDFSDKPRO3.exe

and accepted the default installation - then these files would be located in the folder :

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\Examples\Bin

These files need to be located with your compiled executable and if they were not in the installer I am sure we would have had numerous support messages from 100's of developers - maybe a re-install is required to be sure you installed correctly ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

asham
User

Post by asham » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:57 am

Thanks for your quick response.

The first time around, I tried installing it in my custom path. I found the same problem with hte files in 2.5 missing.

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled in the default locations. I still dont see the files there.

I was wondering if the files were renamed or the contents moved to another location?

i need to find the files (or a replacement file) to first compile my application. Once I get that, I guess I'll be fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
asha

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:06 pm

I missed the fact that the files you listed are V2.5 files

Please see the help files for version 3 and the topic 'redistributing ...'

for the current dll file names.

i.e. :

dscrt30.dll
xccdx30.dll
pxclib30.dll
ixclib30.dll
fm30base.dll
fm30xmf.dll
fm30tiff.dll
netlib30.dll
xcloc30.dll
xcscan30.dll
xcpro30.dll
xcpars30.dll
pwhl30.dll
xcp2t30.dll

The Unicows.dll from Windows may also be required - please see the help files for further info.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

asham
User

Post by asham » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:38 pm

Thanks you so much for your response. I will check those and post back if I encounter any issues!

Thanks again
Asha

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:48 am

Pleasure ;)

Best regards
Tracker Support

asham
User

Post by asham » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Hi,

Im sorry for being such a nohead..but Imnot sure what Im not able to notice.

In 2.5, I used to reference the following .h files

But I cant seem to find them today. I tried referencing the dlls, but its not the same anymore. I looked around in the samples/examples..but am not able to get the contents of these 2 .h files anymore.

pdfxclib.h
pdfxcpro.h

I've uploaded the 2 files that came with the 2.5 SDK. Any ideas where I can find with the new installation or should I just copy these over from teh previous installation?

any help! greatly appreciated.

thanks
asha
Attachments
PDFXchangehFiles.zip
The 2 files that were available with the 2.5 SDK and not found with the 3.0 SDK.
(6.37 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Hi, No problem.

pxclib30.dll and the pxc_c.h are the equivelents to

pdfxclib..dll and pdfxclib.h

and

xcpro30.dll and Pro.h are the equivelents to

pdfxcpro.dll (later xcpro.dll) and pdfxcpro.h

Also Please note all functions relating to creating new PDF files in pdfxcpro.dll were moved to pxclib30.dll for consistency in V3 - for example the image 2 PDF functionality.

These .h files reside in a default install in the folder :

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 3 SDK\Examples\Include

Hope that helps.

Best regards
Tracker Support