Create Interactive Adobe PDF Forms

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

welberger
User

Create Interactive Adobe PDF Forms

Post by welberger »

As stated in the Subject I want to create an interactive PDF document by using PDF-XChange Standard 4.

I could not find any lead where to start. Using Google only helped to how tos referring to Adobe Acrobat - but how is it done using PDF-XChange?

Could anyone please help me?

Thank you in advance.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Create Interactive Adobe PDF Forms

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

At this time the only means offered is to create in MS Word a form using the MS Web forms fileds (only) - you can then use the PDF-XChange`toolbar Àddin`to convert correctly created word forms to Acroforms.

See the Word help file for more info on `web`forms fields.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
welberger
User

Post by welberger »

Ah - thank you. That was the information I needed :D
welberger
User

Post by welberger »

Sorry - I was too fast with my answer. After trying to use the web fields I must admit that I don't know what you mean by web form fields. Could you please specify this.

I was looking inside the fields MS Word offers for use and there I didn't really find web fields - so I assume that you were talking about another kind of fields.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello welberger,

will this help you?
MIcrosoft Office Help - Create a Web Form

Regards,
Stefan Dzhukelov
welberger
User

Post by welberger »

Thank you for the hint.

I guess it will do from there on I will find my way (it can't be that difficult - even if I use Word 2007 instead of 2003 which the article was written for).

Best
achim
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

welberger,

I chose deliberately the older version firstly as I am not quite a fan of the latest Office application from you know who, and secondly because many people are still using it. Usually commands in an older version they are in the same place in the newer one.

If you are still having problems finding the right article, please let us know and I will try to find you a 2007 tutorial.

Regards,
Stefan Dzhukelov
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This feature does not work due to issues in Office 2007 which remain broken in Office 2007 - unless the file has been created originally in Office 2003
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
welberger
User

Post by welberger »

Thank you very much for this information - I still was searching for a solution. Rather listless in the meantime I must admit.

But that's too bad because I only have MS Office 2007 or as an alternative OOorg - so this feature will be out of reach for me :cry:

Thank you anyway and all the best
achim
NoSi
User

Post by NoSi »

welberger wrote:TBut that's too bad because I only have MS Office 2007 or as an alternative OOorg - so this feature will be out of reach for me :cry:
You can export forms with OpenOffice directly to PDF. Open this PDF and modify as required and Print to XChange Printer. This will reduce file size tremendously.

Regards,
NoSi
welberger
User

Post by welberger »

You can export forms with OpenOffice directly to PDF. Open this PDF and modify as required ...
But this sounds good :)

Just one question: Do you mean using OOorg I can define a document with entry fields and save it as PDF? And then? Open and modifying it using what?

Thank you for your answer