Environment variable file name macro bug

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

omowebo
User

Environment variable file name macro bug

Post by omowebo »

Hi,

here is my problem :

- I set the File Name parameter in the Save section to environment variable (%[Env:filename1]).
- Programmatically from my program (ESRI ArcView3.2), I set the env. var. "filename1" to a value, then the next code line launches the printjob : all goes well, the value is taken into account.
- I launch the same code again, this time setting "filename1" to a new value, and print ; the problem is that the driver doesn't recognize the new value and sticks to the original one, thus trying to overwrite the previously saved file. I launch the code times and times again, no difference, so it isn't a "system refresh" issue.

I use version 4.0 build 0147
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Environment variable file name macro bug

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The problem is because pdfSaver uses environment variables which set when it was launched, and later changes are actual only for new applications, not for those already executed.

Will try to fix in build 151.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.