split areas of one page into different pages

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

MisterPokeylope
User

split areas of one page into different pages

Post by MisterPokeylope »

I'm in need of a feature that lets me split single pages into multiple pages.
Imagine a pdf file that was created from a power point presentation where several (e.g. two or four) ppt-slides have been combined onto single pdf pages.
What I want to do is separate these slides onto multiple pdf pages again so that I get one slide per pdf page.

The UI of this feature could work by allowing the user to select different areas to be extracted or specify a grid with a customizable number of rows and columns. There'd have be an option to specify the order of the sub pages, too.

Right now it's possible to do this manually with Xchange Viewer Pro by:
  • extracting all original pages to a new document
  • making copies of all pages in the original document by inserting them multiple times from the previous extraction.
    The number of copies per page depends on the number of sub pages.
  • Cropping the copies to each sub page individually.
The first two steps would be easier if there was a way to just copy/paste pages inside a single pdf document.
But the cropping part alone is way too time-consuming to do this manually anyway.

I can't hope to have this implemented anytime soon, because new UI elements are always time and money consuming with translations, documentation and everything, but I couldn't find another tool that does this and since I already own PDF Tools 4 why not make a feature request and see what happens. :)

best regards
Tom - Tracker

Re: split areas of one page into different pages

Post by Tom - Tracker »

Noted :)