Standard Toolbar

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Gijs
User

Standard Toolbar

Post by Gijs »

I would like the default toolbar like in the first picture. I always get this toolbar. Does anyone know how I change it.
image.png
I get always this toolbar:
image(1).png
Delete and install the program doesn't help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ovg
User

Re: Standard Toolbar

Post by Ovg »

Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Gijs
User

Post by Gijs »

Ovg wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:21 pmUntitled.jpg
Thank you but I don`t get that:
image.png
Jordan - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Jordan - Tracker Supp »

Hello Gijs ,

The Ribbon UI that Ovg is correctly suggesting, was added with our v7.

The fact that you are not able to select it does indicate that you may have installed an earlier version of the product ( Our current one been 10.2.1.385)
You can check what version you have installed in Help >> About Pane. If this is the case please update to more current version.
Best regards,
Jordan
Gijs
User

Post by Gijs »

Jordan - Tracker Supp wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:05 am Hello Gijs ,

The Ribbon UI that Ovg is correctly suggesting, was added with our v7.

The fact that you are not able to select it does indicate that you may have installed an earlier version of the product ( Our current one been 10.2.1.385)
You can check what version you have installed in Help >> About Pane. If this is the case please update to more current version.
Hi Jordan,
I have the latest version, any other suggestions?:
image.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Gijs,

Has this version of our Editor been installed for you by e.g. your IT team?
Maybe they are forcing everyone in your company to use the classic UI layout and forbid and hide the ribbon UI?

If you are the admin on your own machine and have installed and are using the Editor on your own - then you definitely should have this menu at the top right corner of the Editor window with options to switch back to Ribbon:
image.png
If that is not there - you seem to have the Quick Launch tool there - so you should be able to search for the command using that one:
image(1).png
And if neither of the above helps - back up and then try to reset all the Editor settings, and that should get you the UI back to the standard set up with all tools and buttons present.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Gijs
User

Post by Gijs »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:40 pm Hello Gijs,

Has this version of our Editor been installed for you by e.g. your IT team?
Maybe they are forcing everyone in your company to use the classic UI layout and forbid and hide the ribbon UI?

If you are the admin on your own machine and have installed and are using the Editor on your own - then you definitely should have this menu at the top right corner of the Editor window with options to switch back to Ribbon:
image.png

If that is not there - you seem to have the Quick Launch tool there - so you should be able to search for the command using that one:
image(1).png

And if neither of the above helps - back up and then try to reset all the Editor settings, and that should get you the UI back to the standard set up with all tools and buttons present.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Thank you. Yes this was going on: Maybe they are forcing everyone in your company to use the classic UI layout and forbid and hide the ribbon UI?
I changed it and it works now.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Gijs,

Glad to hear it's working now for you!

Kind regards,
Stefan