Feature Requests for Create PDF From Webpage

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Feature Requests for Create PDF From Webpage

Post by bqxmprij »

This feature is really great. I have to document web pages every day. Having tested dozens of programs, I can attest that it must be very difficult to capture exactly what and how a webpage is displayed in a browser. So, the implementation is very, very good. For my specific needs, and hopefully others, I write to request a few additional features.
  • 1. A button (or just tell me where it is located). I could not find the feature until I used the quick launch.

2. Capturing more than one web page at a time.
    2(a). At least, please allow the user to enter more than one URL. Options I can think of are (i) more than one field into which a URL can be pasted; (ii) a single field into which multiple URLs can be pasted and separated by commas, semi-colons or hard returns; (iii) the ability to upload a .csv of URLs.
    2(b). Wget and Curl offer recursive captures. Programmatic options for recursive captures would be nice. https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/wget.html.
    2(c) The ability to capture more than one page means the user may want one combined pdf or separate .pds. I typically need a combined pdf.

3. Capturing URL and other information, and adding that to a header or footer (or both). Attached is a pdf created with a third party software that only captures websites. It is not a fair comparison. But, it demonstrates the capture of certain information in a header (or footer). If one is capturing a website display, certain information, such as the URL, date, time, website title, page no, etc. are likely desired.
Thank you so much. This implementation is really great.
PDF-XChange Created.pdf
07-30-2023 - www.tracker-software.com_product_pdf-xchange-editor.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests for Create PDF From Webpage

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello bqxmprij,

Thank you for your suggestions.

They do sound like something useful.

I will forward them to our developers for consideration.

I can not make promises as to whether this would be approved or when it could be implemented, as this is up to our devs.

Regards.