Export to word with error

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

justin77t
User

Export to word with error

Post by justin77t »

Hi,

I got issue with export function, When I export to word, always got this error.

[2023/6/7, 下午 01:55:25] ----- "Export PDF to Microsoft Word Document" tool started -----
[2023/6/7, 下午 01:55:29] > Export PDF to Microsoft Word Document
[2023/6/7, 下午 01:56:55] Error: C:\Temp\Att10 dwg\Combine\Document.pdf: Unspecified error.
[2023/6/7, 下午 01:56:55] < Export PDF to Microsoft Word Document
[2023/6/7, 下午 01:56:55] ===== "Export PDF to Microsoft Word Document" tool finished: 1 errors, 1 files processed, 0 files created, 0 warnings, 1m 30s was spent =====

v9pro 9.5 368.0 version
office 2007

I found something when converting to word, the file size exced 4G than stop process.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Export to word with error

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello justin77t,

Welcome to our forums.

I believe that you need MS Office 2010 or newer, so can you please let us know if this works for you with your current set up for other smaller files?

Also - if you break the original document into smaller sections - so that the final files are not bigger than 4GB - does it then work?

I presume this is a 32 bit machine? What is the Windows version being run on it?

Kind regards,
Stefan
justin77t
User

Post by justin77t »

Hi Stefan,

Thanks your help

I have tried using Office 2016 version, but the same issue occurred. Additionally, the content of my PDF is converted from AutoCAD's DWG to PDF format.

I also tried splitting the file into smaller PDF files, and indeed, the conversion was successful. During this process, I noticed that the file continued to grow until it reached 4GB, and then the conversion stopped. However, my PDF file is actually less than 60MB in size.

My PC and OS were 64bit system
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello justin77t,

Thanks for getting back to me!
Can I have a copy of the original PDF file that you are trying to convert to Word please?
You say that you can "split" it - so is the PDF multi page one?

As the forums will not accept files larger than 5MB - can you please upload the file either at your prefered file sharing utility or our own FTP:
How do I upload a file to the Tracker Software File service?
And let us know when done? If you use an online service - please e-mail the link to support@pdf-xchange.com

When splitting - are you preserving layers or flattening them (Sometimes CAD software would export to PDF with gazillion layers in the resulting PDF - which might be causing the issue with the source file).

Kind regards,
Stefan
justin77t
User

Post by justin77t »

Hello Stefan,

I' sorry to provide orrigional PDF, because It's company poicy. And not sure include layers or flattening.
Thanks your help!!!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello justin77t,

I understand if you can not provide the file in question.
However we would need a sample to be able to investigate this further - so if you do manage to reproduce this issue with another sample that is not sensitive and can be shared - then please do forward us a copy of that and we will look into it for you!

Kind regards,
Stefan