Clipboard data format used by annotations

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
SchorschGaggo
User

Clipboard data format used by annotations

Post by SchorschGaggo »

I have to place several thousand text annotations on the PDF. The annotation text is generated by a database. It is my job to place them on the right spot in the PDF. Now I'd like to generate these annotations and put them to the clipboard, from where I can place on the PDF. This should include dimension, frame, background, color, font, size and text. It should be possible to place a set of annotations to the clipboard. And it should be possible to insert them at the cursor position.
Will this be possible? And where will I find the clipboard format used by annotations ? Are there API functions to create such objects ?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Clipboard data format used by annotations

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

If you want to import a bunch of annotations into the document, the best way is to form an XFDF file and import it.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
SchorschGaggo
User

Post by SchorschGaggo »

I have to place the annotions manually to the desired place (floor plans of huge buildings). The individual annotation text is generated by a database program.
I'd like to generate an annotation with given attributes and text to place it onto the clipboard.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I'm afraid it is not possible.
Another option I can propose is to use JS to create annotations.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
SchorschGaggo
User

Post by SchorschGaggo »

How to create an annotation from JS? Is there an API?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello SchorschGaggo,

Yes - you can use this JS API reference file:
https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat ... apiref.pdf

Kind regards,
Stefan