Visual bug of window menu / ribbons in fullscreen

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tneumann
User

Visual bug of window menu / ribbons in fullscreen

Post by tneumann »

Hello,

i have a problem with the visualization of the top menu which only occurs in fullscreen mode. The menu is overlapped with some kind of grey bar. The ribbons and menu itself still exist in the background of it and are partly visible below said grey bar.

I have no clue why this bug occurs or how to fix it. In the screenshot you see that gray bar with some strange characters on it that are not visible in the application but were added during the screenshotting via ALT + Print shortcut.
visual-bug.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Visual bug of window menu / ribbons in fullscreen

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, tneumann

I have to admit I have never seen a report like this before, judging by the size, my first suspicion is that it is related to the windows taskbar using the "hide in desktop mode" option, as you can see in my gif, the taskbar is indeed hiding almost exactly the same amount of real estate as your screenshot shows.
PDFXEdit_uc21egqIUv.gif
It may help to try moving your taskbar to a different location on the screen, and then back again (if it is unlocked, you can do this via drag/drop on any blankspace within the windows taskbar). If that does not help, I will need to consult with our dev team, as this is a very strange issue...

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
tneumann
User

Post by tneumann »

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your reply. The taskbar is not involved in the problem. Per default the taskbar is on the bottom of the screen on our clients. I double checked it and tried moving the taskbar to different locations but it had no effect. But to give good news.. the error was fixed with a simple reboot since the client was already running many days. So i guess it is some kind of memory issue. Please feel free to look further into it.
Our clients specs are:
HP 15'' Probook
12th Gen Intel i5-1235U 1.3GHz
16GB RAM
onboard graphics card
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, tneumann

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that it is working properly for them now. I will pass this information along to the dev team so they can try to take a look.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com